Chapter 1 - Your Duty

"Baby, It hit so hard

Holding on to my chest

Maybe you left your mark

Reminding me to forget

It doesn't matter where you are

You can keep my regret

Baby, I got these scars

Reminding me to forget "

Dominic's POV

"Dad, please don't do this." 

I tried so hard to negotiate with him. I tried so hard to talk him down, but that's the thing with my father, he doesn't care about anybody except himself and his 'business'. I don't know why I even call him father. He was never one to me. My mother did it all on her own. Even then, when he came home drunk off his ass from his jobs he would find fault in her and she would take the beatings. She would take it all so that we didn't.

The minute his car door closed, she was looking out the front window. Depending on how he walked up the front stairs, she would either return to the dinner table and eat or she would return and instruct me to take Dani and hide for the night. This man is everything I never want to be. This man holds all my hatred. And yet here I am trying to plead with him for my happiness. 

This is a joke. Why can't I walk away? Because I cannot leave them. I cannot walk away from my mother and Dani. And he would find us. He has the manpower and finances to do it. I am not there yet to give them the life they deserve. So, for now, I bare with it. But this... this is taking away the only piece of hope I hold in my life. 

"Dominic, this is your duty. As my firstborn and only son, you know this. Why are you arguing with me?"

"Because Dad, I lo-"

"Don't talk of such weak rubbish! If you do not get this done, then I will eliminate the links myself!"

"You cannot do that!!"

"Son, watch me. War begins tomorrow, I need your head here. Not running around thinking with that other head of yours. I will not repeat myself. You know my instructions and repercussions. Take Antonio's daughter and figure it out. Dismissed!"

"Y-yes, sir."