Chapter 27 - Afterglow

Disclaimer: Mature Audiences Only

Aria's POV

My eyes fluttered open to the light seeping through the curtains. I stirred a bit then felt an arm tighten around me. That's when it all hit me. I realized everything that happened the night before. To say I was in a state of euphoria was an understatement. Last night was amazing and even if this was a one time deal I don't regret it. 

I turned over to look at Dom. He was still sleeping peacefully. I took a moment to just look at him. His body was a work of art. He has filled out since school and has adorned the left side of his body with tattoos down his arm. I moved a piece of hair from his face with my finger and just lay there looking at him for a few minutes. 

This all felt so surreal and it scared me. The feelings swarming inside of me scared me. I've gone down that rabbit hole again and now there's no turning back. All I can do is hope that one day he will catch me. 

I tried getting out from under his arm. I needed a glass of water. As I shifted off the bed, he stirred. I eventually made it out and poured myself a glass of water by the coffee table. As I turned around sipping the water I noticed Dom awake and grinning while watching me. 

It was at this moment I realized I was completely naked. Oh, God... My eyes widened and I nearly spat out the water in my mouth. I felt so exposed and started getting self-conscious. By this time Dom had gotten up and was halfway off the bed, just enough to reach me as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him making us both fall onto the bed with me on top of him. 

He wrapped his arm around my waist and his other hand went to tangle itself into my hair as he pulled me into a passionate kiss. When he pulled back he looked into my eyes intently as I felt his hand on my waist move up the side of my body, his fingers brushing over the side of my breast. 

"You are the definition of beautiful in my eyes, Aria." He whispered huskily to me. I could feel myself blushing as I diverted my eyes from his. 

That's the thing about Dom. Between last night and now he didn't just say it he made me feel it with every touch and every look he gave me of pure admiration. It was like he didn't see the flaws of my body that I see in the mirror. I honestly wish I could see myself through his eyes just for a split second. Isn't that what every woman deserves? 

He broke me from my thoughts as he flipped me over onto my back before hovering over me. He leaned in and kissed me. I deepened the kiss as my hands reached up to his lower back. He moaned against my lips before pulling back. 

"I need to pee before you start anything more." He started getting up off the bed. 

"Before I start anything? Excuse me but you're the one fondling me!" I exclaimed. 

He chuckled as he walked across the room. I couldn't help but prop myself up on my elbows and watch his chiseled body move past me. My eyes scanned him and landed on his butt. My oh my, the man has a sexy butt. 

"Are you checking me out?" He stopped and gave me an amused look. 

"Mmm..." I was in a daydream before snapping out of it. "Wait, what? No! I mean I wasn't! I was just thinking and staring into nothing and..." I trailed off. Yeah, I had nothing. "You know what nevermind." I proceeded to plop myself into my pillow and covered my face with the sheet. 

I heard him chuckling into the bathroom. Ugh... Why do I get myself into these situations of embarrassment? I turned over and lay on my stomach, crossing my arms on the pillow and resting my head on them. I heard the toilet flush and the running of the water. He made his way back to the bed and leaned over kissing the back of my neck. He moved down my back leaving a trail of delicate kisses that began burning into my core. Then he stopped. I knew why and dreaded the thing I knew would happen next.