Chapter Thirteen: Hot Bodies

The female we needed was not in the club. The potion of seeking should have alerted me to her presence but she was nowhere to be found. Which irritated me greatly but I had managed to find another worker who told me that Cherri had taken an earlier shift to cover for a coworker and she had already gone home for the night. Which was aggravating for me because that meant we had wasted our time coming here rather than searching out different leads.

I narrowed my eyes slightly, I had hoped we could make some sort of progress with the case tonight because I wanted to wash my hands of the King of the Covens as soon as possible but it looked like we weren't going to get anything done. I moved around the dancing bodies, wrinkling my nose as I did my best to ignore the scents that were entering my nose. The scent of stale alcohol, sweat, and bodily fluids was heavy in the building and it wasn't something I enjoyed. I looked around the dark club before my thoughts turned back to Lacey. I needed to get back to her so we could head out and perhaps salvage some of the night.

I blinked and I felt a warmth enter my chest as a trail of fire appeared in my vision, the potion activating with a target that was close. I paused when I realized that the trail did not lead back to the bar. The little witchling hadn't stayed put. Irritation rose up in me at the thought. I was just glad that I still had about ten minutes left of the potion so I could find her in the writhing mass of bodies.

I followed the trail of fire into the crowd, knowing it would take me straight to her. I pushed between people, ignoring some of the human and Fae females who reached out to touch me, wanting to entice me into a dance. It was hard, not going to lie. The music had shifted to a heavily sensual beat that seemed to move through my very bones and it made me want to grab the closest female and dance in a way that was not meant for public eyes. I shook the thoughts off, I needed to find Lacey and we could get out of here.

To be honest I didn't really want to be in the club with her. The dress I had gotten her had suited her a bit too well. I had wanted to add the dress and heels to the tab Mercutio owed me but fucking hell, seeing her in them paid it off in my eyes. Slinky fabric clinging to her curves looking like it had been painted on with heels that made her ass pop. I fought back a groan at the thoughts. The last thing I needed to do was be around her in a club with her dressed like that. I had self control. I did but even the best of us had limits.

The trail of fire stopped right at the back of a large werewolf and I felt a heavy growl build in my chest. She should have fucking stayed at the bar. Some werewolves liked pussy more than their lives and the fact she didn't really have magick meant she was an easy target. I grasped my gun and pulled it out as I stalked towards him. I jammed my gun barrel into his ribs with a heavy growl. "Let her go or we are going to have a problem." I glanced over his shoulder and was right in my assumption as Lacey looked half terrified, her eyes wide as they met mine,his hand gripping her wrist tightly.

The werewolf laughed and tugged on Lacey's wrist, sending her stumbling into his chest. "Will need more than a gun to kill me, whelp." I dug the gun in harder as my instinct scrapped across my bones angrily.

Kill male

Kill male

Kill male

I ground my teeth together to prevent my finger from wrapping around the trigger and unloading the clip into his chest cavity, my beast stirred as it rumbled its awakening. Lacey struggled in his grip and I gave a heavy snarl. "Loaded with silver, more than enough to put down a dog like you. Now let her go." I snapped the words out and pulled the hammer back, wanting him to hear it clearly over the music.

"I don't want to. She's pretty, with a nice ass and she bumped into me so she needs to make up for that." He was laughing and I couldn't tell if it was him being drunk or a cocky asshole that made him not listen. I was not used to people not listening to me. It did not make me, my instinct, or my beast happy.