Chapter Twenty-Two: Lost and Found: Part Three

My eyes widened and I tried to scramble away from him by climbing onto the bed. "Don't touch me!" My voice sounded shrill as I tried to escape him but he merely grabbed my ankle and yanked me so I was nearly underneath him, his body pressed against mine as my heart pounded hard in my throat and chest.

"I warned you, Lacey." His tone was a dangerously sinful warning and he pressed a leg between my knees as he dipped down towards me. I shoved at his shoulder turning my head as I closed my eyes tightly. I knew that if he kissed me again I would be lost and I could never visit Bam and Ren again without feeling guilty whenever Bo came into the room. I knew I could never look her in the eyes again because I would have knowingly fucked the male that signed away her life for the false chance at a cure that would never come.

"Don't." It came out strangled and tears filled my eyes. I couldn't do that to her, couldn't do that to myself. "I can't-" Abe shushed me softly and a sob got caught in my throat as he nuzzled my ear, nipping at it with teeth that felt far too sharp. I shoved at him with my hand, pulling on the rope with my other one, wanting it to break so I could at least do something. Why the hell wouldn't my magick work? I just wanted to leave, to go somewhere far, far, away from him.

"I know what you think, Lacey." His voice was a low rumble and he smoothed a hand down my side and I fought hard not to arch into him at the touch. I bit down on my lip hard, hoping the pain would keep me from reacting to him. "But I never signed that order." He murmured the words into my ear as he nuzzled my neck trailing his teeth across the sensitive skin. "I would never trade a child for false hope." I so wanted to believe him, I wanted to take his word for it, to forget seeing his signature on that piece of paper, to forget that he had the power to stop it and didn't.

"I can't-" The words jumped up in my throat and he trailed his lips across my cheek before he brushed a kiss to the very corner of my mouth.

"But I know who did." The words were said evenly and without any attempt at seduction. "Would you like to help me punish them?" I blinked my eyes open and slowly turned my head to look up at him. He was holding himself over me, looking dangerously tempting but there was a different sort of gleam to his eyes as he slowly climbed off of me. He trailed a hand up my bare arm, leaving goosebumps in his wake as he tapped the rope with a wicked looking claw. "I can let you go, take you with me to help me punish those who have done wrong..." He slowly looked down at me. "But you need to trust me." There was a brief pause and I knew he was waiting for me to respond.

I found myself giving a small nod and with a sharp movement the rope was sliced off and my hand was free. He stood tall and held out a hand in my direction. "Come." It was a sharply said order and I stared at his hand, feeling so tempted to take it before I looked away and climbed off the bed myself. I adjusted my dress to make sure it sat straight before looking at him.

"Show me then." I lifted my chin, trying to show my strength and resilience, that I wasn't going to back down or away and for a few moments we looked at one another, as if sizing each other up.

"The Forgotten Dungeon." He snapped the word out and a portal spell slid off of the back of his hand and swirled into existence beside him and without a word towards me he stepped through. I felt a little cold at that but I knew that is what I had shown him with my refusal of his hand. I lifted my head, smoothing my dress down and took a shaky inhale as I stepped through the portal myself.

I stepped into a rather dark and ancient dungeon that looked as though it belonged in a time before even Rowena and the curse. Torches lined the walls and the stone looked nearly black with age. Abe was standing with his back towards me and once the portal snapped shut behind me, he started down a long hallway. It was silent as we walked and my heart thudded in my chest but I continually reassured myself that if I needed to that I could leave at any time, nothing could stop me.