Chapter 7

Jayson Blair as Caleb Heaton

The school day was halfway through, and I couldn't be more ready to go home. I sat behind my desk with my computer playing a cheesy movie, that I needed to finish, as I enjoy the sub sandwich Cory got me. Apparently he has a lunch date with this girl he has been seeing, yet hasn't told anyone about.

The movie was definitely not the best, but it was entertaining. It's about this girl who's trying to make her ex jealous by fake-dating his enemy. One thing leads to another, and they end up falling in love with each other. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Love isn't like the movies. People hurt you and leave.

Today has not been a good Monday. I've constantly been thinking about Josh and the fact that he's here, knowing that I'm a mom. I've also been thinking of how I can get Marley to stop getting on me to date. I could actually find someone or... nothing. If I don't find someone, she'll set me up, and I rather not have that happen again. The last time she set me up, against my will, the guy was extremely rude and called me a bitch for having to leave early. It's not my fault that Keegan had a fever.

Right now, the thought of banging my head against my desk didn't sound that bad. Before I could, someone knocked on my door.

"Guess who's back," Caleb Heaton started coming into the room. I meet Caleb in college during a lecture, and he was able to help me get out of my depressed phase. He would constantly drag me to parties and take me on little adventures while I was pregnant. When we finally graduated, he took his business degree and moved to Los Angeles.

"What are you doing here?" I asked hugging him and taking in his appearance. His brown hair was a little longer and he had some scruff on his face. He still had the same laid back fashion and muscular build as he did in college.

"Well, a source told me that he-who-shall-not-be-named is back in town," he said taking a seat behind my desk.

"Did my mom tell you?"

"Of course."

"You didn't have to come up here. You could've just called or texted."

"When Amanda calls to tell me that my bestie's ex is back in town, you should know that I'm coming down here," he began. "I need to comfort my friend, and I also want to meet the hot bastard that broke your heart."

Did I mention that Caleb is gay?

"I'm fine," I tried to reassure him.

"That's exactly what someone says when they are NOT fine," he exaggerated.

"I'm just stressed," I complained. "First, Marley is practically forcing me into dating again, then Josh decides to show up, and the girls just started school."

"Stop worrying about the girls. They are fine and have each other," he assured me. "Now let's get back to the fact that you're dating again."

"I'm not dating," I protested. "Marley just said that if I don't get a date by the wedding then she's going to set me up.

"Then just find a guy," he shrugged like it wasn't that hard.

"I don't want to find a guy. I don't want to date anyone right now. I have the girls to take care of, a job, and I have to help with Elena's wedding."