Chapter 18

It's been a week since the wedding, and the happy couple are off on their honeymoon. They'll be coming home in two days, and I can't wait to see my best friends again.

A lot has changed in this one week. Josh has been over at the apartment almost everyday and night. He might as well just move in already. We've also had a few date nights to ourselves as our parents took care of the girls. Every school morning, Josh takes the girls to school while I head to work. He'll come later on to help Cory with his classes and the baseball team after school, but he always brings me lunch so we can eat together.

This entire week I have been nervous to ask him about the future, especially with the news that I just found out yesterday, because I'm afraid of what he's going to say.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Keegan and Bryn squeled as they jumped on top of us.

"Well good morning, princesses," Josh chuckles barely awake as he pulls both the girls into a hug and smothers them in kisses.

"Okay, okay," I say stopping the giggles. "I think it's time for all of us to get ready."

We all got dressed and headed to the nearby diner for some brunch. Keegan ran to our usual booth with Bryn trailing behind her. Josh and Bryn sat on one side while Keegan and I sat on the other side.

"Hello, Ms. Harrison," Lindy greeted as she came to wait on our table. She actually recently got a job here as a waitress. "What can I get you guys to drink?"

"Hey, Lindy. We'll have two coffees and two chocolate milks," I ordered smiling at my girls. Keegan was doing the word search on the kids menu while Bryn was coloring the little characters on the paper.

"So Lindy, how did it go with Nick?" I asked when she brought our drinks to the table.

"Well, I looked for those hints that you told me about, and Alyse said that he obviously likes me so I asked him to the winter ball that's coming up. I also asked him on a date at the same time which Lucas found out about, but he actually responded pretty well. He was okay with us being together as long as I don't get my heart broken. Now, we're dating and I just found my dress for the dance. Are you gonna be there to chaperone?" she ranted, and I could see the shocked expression on Josh's face out of the corner of my eyes. He was definitely not expecting that much excitement.

"Of course," I smiled.

"Awesome, so what would you guys like to eat?" We ordered our meals, and Bryn finished off her picture on the menu.

"Daddy, I drew a mermaid!" she exclaims holding the paper in front of his face.

"It looks awesome."

After we finished and paid, Josh said he had a surprise, but little did he know, I had one too

After we finished and paid, Josh said he had a surprise, but little did he know, I had one too. He drove for ten minutes before telling me to put on the blindfold he handed me.

"Can I at least have a hint?" I begged turning my head toward him even though I couldn't see him. I heard him chuckle and the girls let out giggles in the back.

"We're almost there," he stated. Before I knew it, the car came to a stop, and Josh got out. He first unbuckled the girls and then led me out of the car. I was handed Bryn to hold as he guided me along what felt like concrete.

"Are you ready?" he asked and I nodded. My blindfold was quickly removed and my eyes adjusted to the sunlight before I could see it.

"Why am I looking at a stranger's house?" I asked confused.

"It's not a stranger's house, it's our's," he said making me look at him.

"Are you serious?! You bought a house?!" I exclaimed shocked at the amazing man in front of me. The house was absolutely beautiful. It's a two story white brick house with a driveway that leads to the garage behind the house. The landscaping was perfect, and I'm in love with the dark wood french doors.

"Can we go in?" Keegan asked already heading up the stairs to the front door

"Can we go in?" Keegan asked already heading up the stairs to the front door. Josh grabbed my hand and led me inside. We walked directly into the entryway and moved onto the open concept living room, dining room, and kitchen. Everything was fully furnished and the pantry was already stocked with food.

"This is amazing

"This is amazing." We made our way down to the basement in the main area where a small theater area was with a bar. Down the hall was three doors. The door on the left was a play room for the girls filled with toys and craft supplies. The door on the right of the hall was a small office area where I can spend time grading papers and planning my lessons. The door at the end of the hall was an at home gym which would mostly be used by Josh.

After looking downstairs, we went back upstairs to the living room and then took the stairs to the second floor. There were four rooms: the master bedroom, the twin's room, and two guest rooms. The girls immediately ran to their room and claimed their beds. Keegan wanted the bed closest to the window while Bryn chose the one closer to the door. Josh and I made our way to one of the guest rooms across from the girls' room, where they were already playing.

"I honestly didn't know what to do with these two extra bedrooms so I just made them guest rooms. We can do whatever you want with them," Josh explained.

I hesitated before finally asking, "What about a nursery?"

"Yeah," he began then stopped. "Wait, does that mean you're-"

"Yes!" I nod, and he immediately pulled me into a hug lifting me off my feet.

|||

Thank you all for reading. I know I've been updating slowly and I'm sorry but I've been a little busy.

Also I changed what team Josh is signing with. It was originally the Dodgers, but I thought it would just be better to have him play for the San Diego Padres. Nothing else has changed, but I wanted to clear that up.

Olivia