Chapter 10

Alex Pettyfer as Landon Gray

Josh's POV

Sabrina walked out of the teacher's lounge before I could protest. Instead of standing there, I grabbed the two coffees and headed back toward the gym.

I wanted to apologize for intruding last night, and maybe talk about our relationship. I guess it can wait.

"Hey man," Cory greeted me as I handed him a cup of coffee. "Thanks."

"I just tried to apologize to Sabrina, but she ran away before I could say anything. I guess she isn't ready to talk to me," I state sitting down in one of the chairs by his desk.

"Well can you blame her? You did leave her without a word," he said taking his own seat behind his desk.

"Yeah, but," I cut myself off knowing that I had absolutely no room to talk. "What happened when I left?"

"Well, everyone was pretty sad and mad, but mostly sad. Sabrina stayed in her room for the rest of the summer just eating and crying. Elena would have to force her out of bed to shower. When college started, she was a little better, but always looked depressed. Soon enough she got happier day by day, thanks to Elena, her family, and some guy she met in college. She's still not completely back to her old self, but I think she will be one day."

My blood boiled at the thought of her and that guy from college while my heart broke at how much she was hurting.

"Who's the guy?" I gritted with my jaw clenched.

"Calm down, Loverboy," he chuckled. "I've never actually met him, but Elena told me he was gay."

A weight was slightly lifted off my shoulder as the bell rang for school to start. We both began to set up for the upcoming class while some students went to the locker rooms to change.

"So what grade is this class?" I asked.

"Sophomores."

After everything was set up, students came out of the locker rooms dressed in shorts of their choosing and the gray P.E. shirt. Cory then began roll a few minutes after the late bell rang.

"Lucas," he called followed by a here.

"Lindy," he called followed by silence. "Lucas, where's your sister?"

"She'll be here in a minute," the same kid that said here sighed. Soon enough the door slammed open to reveal who I'm assuming is Lindy.

"I'm here, Mr. S!" She exclaimed. "And I'm ready to beat you in wiffle ball."

"You're late."

"Yeah, but you're not going to count it since I'm your favorite student," she said in a duh tone.

"Just get changed," he stated before she walked to the girls' locker room. He went on with roll and finished when Lindy came out to join us.

"So who's the dude?" Lindy asks referring to me.

"Everyone, this is Josh Parker, a friend of Ms. Harrison and I," he introduced me. "He will be helping me out for the next couple weeks."

The class was then broken off into two teams. My team was put in a line ready to bat. The first person up to bat was a short brunette girl who sent me a very creepy wink.

"That's Sara," someone informed me making me jump a little. I turned toward the voice to see it was Lindy. "She's a real drama queen when it comes to breaking her nail, and don't even get me started with her obvious crush on my brother, Lucas. He's clearly likes someone else."