Chapter:10

I was able to pass through security with the bag. The guard asked if those were clothes for Briant. I nodded. They led him out. He had bruises all over his face and arms. "He can change in the bathroom." The guard said. I let him take the bag into the bathroom.

I stood outside the bathroom as he changed. He knocked on the door. Then opened it. "I can't get the shirt on." He said. "Can't get through the arm holes?" I asked. He nodded. I looked at what kind of shirt it was before having him sit down.

I put it over his head and checked his arms. "Does this hurt?" I asked. He nodded. I took it off his head and had him put his arms in first. "Is there a doc at the MC clubhouse?" I asked. He nodded. "A new clinic opened up in town when the MC moved in." I said. "It'll be his practice." He said.

"I'll get you there instead." I said slipping the shirt over his head. He nodded. I had him stand so I could pull the shirt down. I had to sign something saying he was going with me. "We'll be checking in on him regularly." The guard said.

I nodded. We left the prison and went directly to the clinic. I called the clinic getting a gruff male voice. "What do you want at this ungodly hour?" The man asked. Briant told me to say a specific word. I said it to him who said the clinic would be open when we pulled up. I parked in the alley knowing my family will be out looking for me.

I helped him inside. The older man yawned. "Speed?" "Some guy got ahold of him in the prison. I was the only one close enough to get him." I said. "Shortened your sentence dramatically didn't it?" The doc asked. "Yeah." Briant said. "I'm going to tell you once, do not go near any of the club members. Not while they think your still in prison." He said.

Briant nodded. "I don't know what all they did. My entire abdomen and chest hurts though." He said. "Let's get this shirt off then." Doc said. I helped Briant get the shirt off. "Holy s**t." The doc said looking at his abdomen. "Leave him here with me. Go get some sleep." He said.

"I'll bring you both breakfast in the morning." I said. "Thank you." They both said. I went back to Jacob's and crashed on the bed. I got some sleep, enough to last all day. When I woke up I cooked breakfast for Jacob as a thank you for letting me stay the night.

Then left with my bag and clothes to go get breakfast for the doc and Briant. I parked behind the clinic and went in with the morning meal. The doc was right at his front desk. "Man that boy can sleep. Thank you for the meal girl." He said. "How is he doing?" I asked. "A couple cracked ribs, bruised maxilla, bruising all over his abdominal area, lucky he wasn't coughing up blood." The doc said.

"How long will he be able to stay here?" I asked. "As long as I can keep him here. I'll have him hide in my office if some guys have to come in." He said. I nodded. "Don't worry. He'll be better soon girl. I've known that boy since he was born. He bounces back quicker than most people do." He said. I nodded.

"I've got to get to school. I'll stop by with supper." I said. He nodded. I went to my truck and continued to school. Two hours later I was waiting tables at the diner. Jacob came in during lunch. "I saw ya staying at Graters last night." One guy said. "If you want to know what went on, ask him." I said.

I went two rounds around the diner before Chains came in. He asked the other waitress if he could speak to me. She nodded before pointing at me. He looked directly at me. "Thank you." He said. "Excuse me." I said to the bikers at the table.

I followed Chains back to the lounge. As soon as I closed the door he started firing off questions. "He's at the docs clinic hiding out after a guy or a few guys beat him up. He's on parole as of last night and is staying at the clinic to heal up. Then he has to get out of town." I said.

"I'll go check on him. As soon as he can leave we'll take a road trip to keep him out of trouble. We'll come back often for him to see you." He said. "I can't take it here anymore! I want to get out of this town!" I said. "How many more months do you have?" He asked.

"I don't care how many more I have left." I said. He scoffed. "Then as soon as he's better I'll let you two go. I talked to him before he got that. He said he felt something strong for you. I believe him." He said. "Continue your day like it's normal and he's still in prison. Don't let them suspect anything until your long gone. Your eighteen. They can't do anything since your eighteen." He said.

"Go back and finish your shift. The doc asked me to take them lunch." He said. I nodded. I got the order before going to place it. He waited at a table for it. When it was ready I took it to him with the drinks. "Thank you." He said before walking out. I finished my shift and got three meals to go.

Then went to the clinic. The doc was excited to get his dinner. I gave him his before going back to see if Briant wanted his supper. I knocked on the door. "One second. Not dressed." Briant said. He opened the door a second later. He let me in and sat down on the bed. "Let's see what you brought for supper." He said rubbing his hands together.

"Someone definitely bounced back from last night." I said. "Doc must have said something. Ribs still hurt. Jaw on occasion. I'm alive. Would rather heal for a month before getting on the road though." He said. I had to chuckle. Our first shared meal.