Chapter:11

Every day for two weeks I went to visit Briant. Every day he was feeling better than the previous day. Chains brought his clothes by the clinic along with his bike. I had the keys to the bike so he couldn't leave. It's Saturday, I've got nothing to do so I'm with Briant today spending time with him.

"I'm almost healed." He said. "You still can't leave until the doc clears ya." I said. "I know. And you've got the keys to my bike." He said. "You won't leave me here would you?" I asked. He sighed. "I'm not going to leave you here. You don't deserve to be stuck in this town." He said.

"My parents want me to go into law enforcement." I said. "You're not that kind of girl." He said. I curled up closer to his side. He kissed the top of my head. "How soon were you wanting to leave?" He asked. "As soon as your healed up." I answered. There was something about him that made me feel safe.

The doc had a tv in the room so we decided to put a movie on. He held me to his side since his ribs are almost healed up. "The guards should be coming by in a little bit to see if I'm staying out of trouble." He said. "I doubt you want to go back to prison." I said. "Yeah. I'd rather stay out and find a place I'm needed." He said.

"What did you do for the MC?" I asked. "Dealer. I'll tell you more when I'm not being monitored." He said. I nodded into his side. The door opened revealing Chains. "Dude after this visit from the guards you've got to skip town." Chains said. "Who found out?" Briant asked him.

"The tech guy. He relayed info to the prez. He's not happy." Chains said. Briant sat up more. It's the Saturday before spring break. "I can make up an excuse for going out of town. Or just leave." I said. "Your not staying here either sweetheart." Briant said. "Need clothes?" Chains asked. "I can buy more. Same for her." Briant said.

A knock came to the door. The doc let two guards in. "Visitors out." The guards said. Chains and I left the room. Chains stood guard. "Take your truck two hours from here and sell it." Chains said. I nodded. As soon as the guards left, doc went in to make sure Briant was good to go. "Any back ways out of town?" Briant asked. I nodded. "Lead the way." He said.

Chains handed him a cut. He looked at it for a moment before tearing certain patches off. "I'm not associated with them anymore. Burn these." He said handing Chains the patches. "Let's go." He said to me. I gave him the keys to his bike. He followed me out of town. He called me to stop at the next town.

I pulled off at a truck stop. He parked next to me. "What needs to be done now?" I asked. "Need to find a place that will buy your truck." He said leaning against his bike as he looked on his phone. Some bikers pulled in. "Don't say a word. They're the group that is trying to take over that town from the Demons." He said.

I kept quiet as two approached us. "Staying or passing?" One guy asked. "Passing through. My girl and I pulled off to find a place a few hours away from here." Briant told him. "Five minutes to get going." The first guy said. Briant nodded to him. "Got it. Follow me." Briant said getting back on his bike.

I rolled the window up and followed him out. The bikers followed to the end of their territory. I followed Briant all the way to a larger town. He pulled into a dealership. Some guy came up as I got out. I took the key off the ring. "How May I help you today?" The salesman asked. "We're here to sell her truck." Briant said. "Do you have everything for it to be sold?" The man asked.

"Yes." I answered. After an hour of doing paperwork, the truck was finally sold. "Let's get to the next town before we get clothes and eat before settling in for the night." He said. That's exactly what we did. The next town ended up being a city. A mall was open until ten. It was seven. "We can eat and get some clothes." He said. His arm snaked around my waist keeping me close to him.

We got underwear and socks first. Then some clothes to sleep in. He helped me out with which jeans and pants to wear while riding. He did get me a leather jacket also. He got me some combat boots before we made our way to the food court. Last thing we did was get his clothes. When done, he got me a bag and we went out to his bike.

He sat me on the back, backwards as he put our clothes in the saddle bags and storage. "Still got that concealed carry?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. "How long does it last?" He asked. "Ten years." I told him. "Good. Carry this for me." He said handing me a handgun.