Chapter:21

Once a week I go visit the doctor to see if I'm any closer to being healed and the right weight. "Ten pounds under." The doc said. "Have you been throwing up lately?" He asked. "It's slowed to once every few days." I answered. "Keep eating like normal. Have you been adding to your daily meal?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered. "I would try to eat more foods that will help you gain weight." He said. "I will." I said. I'm thirteen weeks along now. Last week Briant came along for an ultrasound. The baby didn't look affected by my health state. I've gained five pounds in the past week. Hopefully I can gain it all before fifteen or sixteen weeks.

I sat with a few of the ol' ladies after my appointment. I was eating brownies and had a glass of milk with it. I easily balanced healthy and unhealthy food. The door opened behind us. "Speed, beers for the table." One guy yelled. Several guys sat down around the table. Briant passed the bottles around the table. Then sat down next to me.

"How did it go?" He asked. "Ten pounds under. I need to eat more foods that will make me gain weight." I said. "We can do that." He said. "Craving?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. "What else would you like?" He asked. "Blue raspberry frosting." I answered. "One second." He said.

A few minutes later he set it down next to me. "Whipped." One of the guys said. "How bout we have a child and you get to be whipped." His ol' lady said. He shut up quickly. Briant tried some blue raspberry frosting with a bite of brownie like I was. "Jeez. Cravings." He said with a sour look on his face. "You don't have to eat it." I said chuckling. He shrugged.

"We do need to find a house before Junior is born." He said. "Want to start looking?" I asked. "Let's look then." He said. All afternoon we were looking at houses. We decided on a six bedroom three and a half bath home nearby. We can have five children living comfortably with us. The five bedrooms without a suit bathroom will have to share the other two and a half.

I imagine the boys having one and the girls having the other. We both agreed to buy it without having to look at it. "Speed." A man yelled. "This came in the mail." Two envelopes were thrown in front of us. "We don't want your charity or money. Keep it. We will not do business with you again." He read the other note. "Same thing?" I asked. He nodded. "Well we have a hundred thousand towards the house." He said.

"And the five hundred?" I asked. "Said if I show my face around that town, they'll kill me." He said. "Then we don't need to show our faces around there." I told him. "We have absolutely no reason to." He said. I yawned before saying that I was going to take a nap. My parents have finally realized that I skipped town.

The prez of the MC told me over a text not to come back to the diner. Jacob wished me luck. My phone rang. I saw it was the prison. I answered accepting the charges. "Hey Haidyn. How ya been?" Michael asked. "Good. Rather busy these past four months." I said. "I'm glad your enjoying yourself. Listen they're transferring me to another prison that's not as violent as this one. The entire law enforcement in that town nearby is at war with the MC. No one is going to last while they're there. I heard the president's son is leaving before he can take over.

The rest of the MC is too. Most of the women left last week. The younger guys are leaving with Death." He said. I leaned back against the wall. "You remember when I said I was going to wait to have children?" I asked. "Yeah. We would joke about it nearly every single time you came to visit." He answered.

"I'm pregnant. I'm having to be monitored constantly because I'm underweight." I told him. "Is it with the guy you love?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. "Is he taking care of you?" He asked. "He is. I was having a craving earlier and he made the trip to get what I was craving. When I'm too tired to bathe myself, he helps." I said.

"Do you two have a house?" He asked. "We're in the process of buying one before the baby arrives." I said. "I hope he puts a ring on it." He said. "He's in the middle of prospecting." I said. He chuckled. "If he's taking care of you and the unborn baby, he's a keeper. I'll call you from the new prison when they allow me." He said. "Alright. I'm going to take a nap." I said yawning. "Enjoy it." He said. "Most definitely." I told him before hanging up. I curled up under the covers and closed my eyes. I fell into a deep sleep letting sleep take me over.