Chapter:13

I clung to his waist as the wind blew by. Occasionally Briant would reach down and place one of his hands on both of mine making sure I was there. When we stopped at a red light in a town I kissed his neck. He rubbed my thigh. I nipped his ear.

"Don't start anything baby. I can pull off on the side of the road and make it look like your just sitting on my lap while we're really doing something else." He said. I buried my face in the crook of his neck. The half shell helmets were perfect for this. A few minutes later we were going down the freeway when Briant gripped my hands.

"Hang onto me baby." He said. I tightened my grip and moved closer to him. He swerved in and out of traffic. "Do not look behind us." He said. I nodded against his neck. We turned onto a side road. He slowed down before stopping. I moved one of my hands to his chest. He rubbed my thigh as two guys pulled up.

"What are you doing in our turf Speed?" One of the three men asked. "Passing through. Heading east." He told them. "Don't try anything Speed. You do, we take your girl and you won't be able to get out." The first guy said. Briant nodded to him. As soon as we were on the road again he rubbed my thigh sighing. I kissed his cheek.

When we got an hour from that spot Briant pulled off at a diner in a little larger town. "Don't say a word to anyone but me and the waitress." He said. As we entered some classic rock was playing over the speakers. A few men with cuts sat in a few booths. Briant led me to a booth with him facing the door. A lady came up to the booth. "What can I get ya?" She asked.

"Coffee, black." Briant told her. "Sweet tea." I answered. She wrote it down before handing us menus. "What looks good to you?" Briant asked me. "Northern boy?" I asked. "Round Maine. Never really stopped in the Midwest or south." He said. I spotted something on the menu that I absolutely loved. "Would you like me to order for you?" I asked.

"Go for it." He said. When the waitress came back with our drinks, I ordered for us. The waitress asked Briant if that's what he wanted. "Yes ma'am." He said. We waited for our food. And made small talk. He mouthed something to me. Over the past week and a half I've gotten to where I can read his lips. Especially in an MC's territory. "Staring." I mouthed back. He nodded.

After a few more minutes our food came out. Briant raised a brow as I dug in. He shook his head before digging in. He would glance out the window acting paranoid. I brushed his leg under the table. I could tell he was uncomfortable being in MC territory. "Don't say a word." Briant told me. I glanced out the window seeing about twelve men pull in.

I kept eating, smaller bites though. "Looky what we have here." One said as he came in. I kept watching Briant. "You know not to stop in my turf boy." The man said. "Sorry. Had to make sure my girl ate." Briant said. The guy looked back at me. "As soon as the food is paid for, you better be leaving. Understand me boy?" The guy asked.

"Yes." Briant answered. The man went over to another booth. "Finish eating, we need to get going. We've got six hours before dark." He said. He finished before I did. When I was done, the waitress gave him the ticket. He quickly threw some bills on the table before we both stood and left.

We left just like he said we were. The ride was three hours long before we had to stop for a quick bathroom break. If it was just him, he would have pulled over to the side of the road and went. After that pit stop we continued until the sun was about to set. He pulled off at a sonic.

We ate before going to a best western. He carried our bags in, got us a one bed room and paid for it. We went directly to the room. I got a shower to wash the dirt off from the day's ride. He went after I did. We both curled up on the bed and went to sleep. Tomorrow is another full day of riding.

He's got so many enemies on the road that settling down may be our best bet. At the moment he's trying his hardest to keep me safe.