Married life

She wakes up in the morning with a banging headache but fond memories of the night before

She wakes up in the morning with a banging headache but fond memories of the night before. Jamie lies asleep beside her and in her opinion he looks like an angel- no trace of all the naughty things they did last night. Yawning loudly she accidentally wakes him and his green eyes crack open.

"Morning" he says, smiling slightly

"Morning" she replies and sighs heavily when there is a knock on the door. Jamie watches as she gets up and slides into her dressing gown before opening the door. Her walk is quite stiff as her bones ache slightly. At the door is a flock of handmaidens led by Bernadette.

"Sorry if we woke you, we are here to change the sheets, would you desire a bath?"

"No, just some hot water and a towel to sponge myself down. Jamie, get up" she hisses at her new husband who is lying lazily on the bed. Two of the handmaidens go off to get the hot water which leaves only Bernadette and another one who can barely contain her giggles and Jamie gets up and puts on his dressing gown even though she didn't actually see anything. He sits back down on a chair and waits for them to clear away the messed up and dirty bed sheets. The water arrives and they all leave. "Did you notice Jon Arryn wasn't at the wedding yesterday?" She asks while sponging herself down, Jamie watching her every move.

"Yeah, apparently he's ill, you mightn't have heard yesterday" Jamie replies and begins to get dressed. It takes them a good half hour to get ready since Jamie insisted on doing Liz's hair even though he has never actually done hair before.

"No, this is an extremely basic hairstyle here, you haven't even brushed my hair right. Here, give me the brush" Liz says and tries to take it from Jamie who holds it up high and pouts.

"Just five more minutes and I'll have your hair perfect" he says and she turns around again.

"Just leave the brushing, it's as good as it is ever going to get with you brushing it. Right, get this bit here and this bit here, pull them back, twist and tie, right. Easy, twist and tie" she instructs and Jamie has to do it about five times before he has it presentable.

"There, I think I did well" he says with a smile.

"I beg to differ, now come on, I'm hungry and everyone is probably wondering what we are doing"

"We are a newly married couple, everyone probably has quite a good idea what we are going"

"I doubt all newly married couples spend half an hour doing hair that looks terrible anyways" she replies and kisses him. Jamie goes to pull her onto the bed but she stops him. "Half an hour on hair remember, I don't want you to mess it up" she says and stands up. They both leave the room and go to get breakfast.

///\\\

About two days later Jon Arryn passes away and the whole castle has a headache from the constant ringing of the bells that the King has ordered to honour his father figures death.