Jon and Jo

"I don't think I can go" Liz says after breakfast. Her belly is gigantic and the only things that will fit her are empire style gowns with extra fabric added to the bottom. The second day of the tourney of the hand is today and she honestly isn't feeling well.

"If you don't want to go then I'll stay here with you my love"

"No, I don't want you to miss the tourney, win for me my love" she says. It has now been confirmed that she's having twins from when they arrived at kingslanding a month ago. The King would have had the tourney earlier but he wanted to give lots of knights time to arrive to compete. "Now go, you'll be late. I'll just be chilling here, I might read a book or something. I'll be grand"

"No. Your waters broke over an hour ago and if pycelle is correct then you will start to give birth in the next twenty four hours"

"I've never trusted what that old bag of rats said.now go, I'll be fine. If anything happens I'll send someone to tell you" she says, putting on a false smile. In truth she is terrified because she knows she's going to die, she just has a gut feeling since one baby= death is likely, but two babies= extremely likely especially when your own mother died giving birth to you. She bends over with a sudden hit of pain and starts to panic as it comes again and again.

"Lie down, now. I'll get pycelle" Jamie says and brings her over to the bed before running off and getting him and the flock of midwives. When they get back to their chambers they learn the truth- it has begun. First they help her out of her clothes and into a night shift, trying to make her as comfortable as possible. Then pycelle keeps irritating her that she curses him out of the room and orders a more competent maester. A man called maester burrows arrives and takes over the situation.

///\\\

Fourteen hours later and she is screaming and grunting and crying with the excruciating pain while gripping onto Jamie's hands on one side and a midwife on the other. Outside the door stand Lord Eddard, Sansa, arya and a few other people waiting to hear any news. Sansa is quite gone off the idea of having joffreys children after hearing Liz scream in agony for several hours. Then suddenly the room if filled with the screams of a child as well as those of a mother because there is still one to come.

"Jamie, boy or girl?" Liz asks, exhausted. Jamie is then handed a little bundle of skin wrapped in a blanket.

"A little boy" he says, smiling but handing him back to the midwife to resume his duty of supporting kiz through the pain.

"Names, what names?" Liz asks, trying to distract herself from the pain. Jamie can't think of any. "James?" She wonders aloud after a really sharp jab of pain. The second baby is definitely coming,

"Yes my love, James it shall be. Now deep breaths" he says and one of the midwives tells her that there is only one more push to go

"You've been saying one more push for hours! Jaysus Christ! No not James. Let me look at the baby first" She shouts, her face contorting in pain but she pushes nevertheless. Five more pushes later and it is over, the room is the quietest it has been in hours. "Give them to me" Liz orders, trying to sit up. "I need to hold them, give them to me!" She orders, her voice stern and she is handed her little boy and little girl. The boy has a small tuft of stark brown hair and brown eyes and the girl has a small little bit of light gold sticking from her head with the green eyes of his father. Liz is in love.

"Joanna" Jamie says, his voice filled with pride.

"Yes, Joanna and, Jon? Jonathan? After my brother"

"Yes, Jonathan and Joanna it shall be. I love you so much" Jamie replies kissing her lightly on the lips just as Lord Eddard comes in with Sansa and arya behind him. Liz smiles and beckons them over.

"Meet Jonathan, named after Jon, and Joanna, names after Jamie's mother" she says, handing Jon to ned. Sansa comes over and peeks in at Joanna's small face and smiles.

"She is so cute" Sansa says

"She's ugly" arya says and Liz laughs before grimacing.

"What's happening? Jamie? Maester burrows? Why is all my blood flowing out of me?" He voice rises in panic and she passes Joanna back to a midwife,

"All shall be well there was just a slight rip in your skin so we will have to sew you up slightly. If you don't mind drinking some milk of the poppy to dull the pain" a midwife says and hands her a cup which after a minutes she drinks. When she wakes Jamie is still there and so is Bernadette.

"Where is Jon and Jo?" She asks immediately

"They are being fed, now come and have a bath my love" Jamie says and kisses her again.

Ok, I have no idea what it's like to give birth I just got a bit of this information on what it's like from google so I doubt it's reliable. Anyways, Jon and Jo Lannister, what do you think of the names?

~kate