Chapter 1: Starting Fresh

Anna doesn't even know who she became. She likes to think that having her heart broken twice and having an identity crisis leads her to become who she is now. Having her heart broken by both the same and opposite-sex put quite a toll on her.

Her first girlfriend dumped her for a guy and her boyfriend cheated on her with her own best friend.

Her ex-girlfriend used to describe her as a doormat. Why? Because it does not matter how many times she hurt Anna, she still keeps coming back. She never held grudges. Anna agreed to be the side chick and even practically begged for it. But in the end, Anna's ex chose her boyfriend over Anna.

Then she met James. A knight in shining armor and a total charmer. He charmed his way to Anna's broken heart. He made her believe that she can have a working relationship with a guy, but then she found out that her best friend is pregnant with his child after being in a relationship with him for 14 months.

That's why she decided to leave the City to get away for a while not really planning anything but just start and see how life goes.

Anna left the city to start fresh. She transferred to a different school away from the noise of the city to a small town on the farthest side of the state. She really didn't know what to expect. Anna doesn't know if she will ever make friends, because she's really not good at making one in her previous school.

She's not sure if she will ever trust anyone anymore after what her ex-best friend did to her.

Anna used to have 3 best friends, a childhood friend named Selene who she could only talk to when Anna will visit but never was the other way around. Anna sometimes thinks that even if she died, Selene will not even bother to see Anna at her funeral.

The second one, Becka. She's great actually. They still communicate despite the distance, they keep tabs of each other. The only problem is, she's also Anna's ex-girlfriend who decided to end things between them. Anna never hated her, if there's one thing she hated the most, is that the fact that she believed that Becka will choose her.

The third one is Sofia, the wolf in sheep's clothes who one day showed up in her house begging for Anna to tell her James to acknowledge their baby. And that's what she exactly did.

She's quite contented being alone most of the time but it doesn't mean she hates having any company. She tends to keep to herself but she is very approachable.

So I was quite surprised when she found out that everyone on the campus knew her. Maybe it is quite a small town thing. Everyone knows everyone. Well except Anna, she was really never good in names and faces. Maybe because she always tries her best not to look at anyone's faces, not wanting to be misunderstood.

She was already advance in her studies that she's no longer required to participate but she always finds herself being the assistant teacher. The next thing she knew, she was voted as the president of the student council.

And out of boredom, she decided to try out for cheerleading and found herself being the cheerleader captain.

She became quite popular in a very short time. Gone was the nerdy, shy Anna, and was replaced by someone she doesn't even recognize anymore.

She made some friends or rather, almost everyone was trying befriending her. Anna doesn't mind, she doesn't hate the attention not really craving for it either. She just wants to enjoy the rest of her senior year.

She wants to have fun and make few friends without forgetting to have time just for herself. She loves alone time as much as she likes having fun with her newfound friends. It's like she's going crazy if she spends too much time alone or too much time with others. She needs enough solitude like she needs some time with other people.

That is why she prefers her 1 bedroom apartment. So she can spend her alone time at home without having to interact with a roommate. And she always makes sure that all of her friends respect her desire for privacy.

If she wants to eat breakfast, she can. If she wanted a company she can cook breakfast and bring it to school or ask her friends to eat somewhere else.

"So... wanna hang out after school?" The curly boy Brian asked Anna as she was arranging her books in the locker.

"Hmmm.. maybe," Anna replied shortly with a sexy smirk after she closed her locker. She doesn't even let the boy speak before turning around and walked away with her new friend Julia following her.

"What was that?" Julia ask.

"What was what?" Anna asked back pretending not to know what she was talking about.

"I mean Brian, are you going with him after school?"

"Uhh No."

"Why not?"

Anna just shrugged not wanting to answer the question because she knows that it will only lead to more questions.

Julia is the closest friend that she has, but she doesn't really want her to know that she's already been hooking up with Edward. They are not really dating, it is like more of a friend with benefits. Although Anna was quite sure that Edward is starting to want more than what she can give.

Anna doesn't even care if most people think she been sleeping with all the guys in school but she doesn't want them to think that she already dating someone. She made sure that Edward is aware of their arrangement, that them being involved is just their own little secret.

Anna flirts around, she loves to play games and make everyone think she's been sleeping around but she's not. She's only been involved in one guy since she transferred to Saint Claire Highschool.

Edward is not even the type of person you'd think that will be involved with Anna. He's very shy and very socially awkward and Anna finds it very interesting. He was the kind of boy who always buries himself in books and always keeps to himself. For a nerd, he was quite good looking and has a great body. Sometimes Anna wonders why most girls swoon over the brainless jocks and football players like Brian than someone as nice as Edward. Teenagers.

Maybe the fact that Anna saw her old self in Edward that made her took a liking to the timid brunette boy. Although they quite enjoy each other's company, Anna can't really like him more than what she already does.

----

A/N

This was supposed to be at least 3,700 words but I had to cut the chapter because I read that I should write less than 2,000 words per chapter. I can easily get carried away sometimes but when I cut this one, it was too short for my liking.