Chapter 6: New Friend

Anna was quite surprised when she found out that Macy was not really the kind of person, most people thought about her.

Macy was just a bundle of rainbow and sunshine. She's innocent in so many ways that Anna found her heart soften for the new girl.

Anna spends more and more of her time with Macy, either in school or Macy's house. She even met Macy's parents and found out that Macy was the youngest among her eight siblings.  Her family was religious and one of Macy's brother was a pastor. Macy was even able to force Anna to attend their church more than once.

Anna felt guilty about the dare and judging Macy so one day she decided to invite Macy in her apartment to talk.

"What do you always do in your spare time?" Macy asked.

"It depends, but mostly reading. How about you.?"

"Sing, dance, or annoy my older siblings I guess. I should have one of this in my house so that I can punch it whenever I'm feeling angry."

Anna laughed when Macy continued playing with the punching bag Anna created for her exercise.

"Nah... You're just going to hurt your knuckles. Stop that, you're not wearing any cover."

"Okay.."

Macy complied but only after kicking the bag. Anna just shakes her head amused with the bored girl.

They fell in comfortable silence and Anna found Macy looking around the collections of plates and photos in the display cabinet.

Anna decided to tell Macy what's bothering her and thought to take advantage of the silence.

"Macy..."

"Hmmm?"

"I want to say sorry." Anna started, closing her book. She pulled her legs and crossed it and she clasps her hand on top of her stomach.

Macy turned confused. "Sorry for what?"

Anna sighed. When Macy noticed the seriousness in Anna's face, Macy sat on the couch across Anna.

"I was being stupid and I judged your character. I thought you were one of those pretentious social climbers who like to flirt with guys for attention. And I'm sorry because I was wrong." Anna really didn't think of her that, people around told her though and she just believed them without really knowing anything. Anna just doesn't want to discourage Macy with the fact of how other people thinks about her, just like the same people who judged Anna.

"That's okay, don't worry about it. I get that a lot so, I don't really get affected by it anymore." Macy shrugged but Anna can see right thru her that it is not completely true. Macy was affected but only tries to hide it in her smile.

"Thank you and I'm sorry again. They dared me to befriend you and try to woo my way to your pants since no guys in school can. I'm ashamed of myself really."

Anna explained guiltily. She stared directly in Macy's eyes. Macy grimaced slightly that most won't even notice, but Anna did. Macy was hurt but she smiled like she always does.

"You know, I never had my first kiss yet?" Macy decided to say after a while.

"Wait what?" Anna didn't expect that. Macy is a pretty girl. She already knows that Macy is innocent and religious, but not having at least a kiss was sort of a mystery.

Macy blushed and fidget with the hem of her shirt. "Yeah. I have this huge crush on my brother's best friend since like forever and I know that he knew that I have a crush on him. But I think he only sees me as a sister or I'm not really his type."