Chapter 9: Growing Attraction

Anna realized that she and Macy goes back to their normal routine. They didn't talk about the kissing lesson. They both had a silent agreement that they will never talk about it. If Macy wants to pretend it never happened, Anna is more than happy to goes along with it.

It happened a week ago and Anna almost forgot about it, if she's not getting distracted whenever she laid her eyes on those pink plump lips.

Anna wanted to deny it, but every day, she's starting to see how beautiful Macy is. One by one, Anna notices more reason to find Macy really attractive, but Anna wouldn't want anything out of it. She sees herself as someone who could corrupt Macy's innocence and Anna doesn't want that.

Anna was so good at keeping her thoughts to herself. She was glad she learned how to keep all her guard up always, and being always the silent one, everyone will never notice if she doesn't speak.

But watching Macy play dress in front of her was something that really drains her energy. They were hanging out in Macy's room and Macy decided to try her new set of clothes.

Anna decided to do what she does best whenever she wants to forget everything around her, read books.

"What do you think?" Anna heard Macy ask after a few minutes of shuffling.

Anna looks up and tried her best to keep her face expression free. When she sees the other girl wearing a blue summer dress. She almost wants to say you look beautiful, in awe but decided to settle in less meaningful words and smiled genuinely. "It definitely looks good on you. You should wear that one."

Macy stared at her. "That's it?" Macy questioned.

Anna got confused and thought about what else Macy want her to say. "What? I said it looks good right?" Macy rolled her eyes. "What else do you want me to say?"

"Nothing." Anna heard Macy grumbled and she wondered if it's the time of the month for the other girl.

Anna waited for Macy to change clothes before she approached the scowling girl. Anna pulled Macy to sit beside her.

"What is it?"

Macy scoffed. "You call Rose hot, even in jeans, I'm wearing a dress yet I only got looks good."

Anna laughed. "Are you two like rivals or something?" Anna asked curiously. She didn't know that there is a competition. They hang out again a couple of times this week, all four of them including Julia. They even dance and Anna didn't notice anything strange between the two.

"No, we're not. Never mind." Macy snaps as she stood up.

Anna not wanting to make the other girl's sour mood worse, she pulled Macy again and held her shoulder.

"Okay I'm sorry, that was an understatement. You're already beautiful in whatever you wear, heck you will still look dashing in a rug. I just don't need to point that out, because I thought you already know."

Macy's face lits up with Anna's compliment.

"Really?"

"Yes really, you look gorgeous in that dress, but don't get it over your head. I've already had enough of narcissist around me." Anna laughed and Macy giggled.

Fortunately, Macy's sour mood vanished in an instant and she went back to her normal perky self. Anna thought to herself, girls are definitely complicated to handle.

Anna thought of the guy she met a few days ago. His name is Dean and she finds him really funny.

"Hey, what do you think about Dean?"  Anna decided to ask Macy when Mach came back from getting some popcorn.