Chapter 2: Edward

They met when Anna started running every morning in the park just a few blocks away from her house. She started running when she found out that there will be tryouts for Athletes. She used to run tracks when she was in 4th till 8th grade. Then she noticed the brunette boy always watching her every day. She always sees the boy reading books sitting in the exact same spot in the old theater stairs as early as 5 in the morning. She used to sleep around 8 pm and always read at 3 am so seeing someone almost like her made her interested.

Anna always finds the boy sitting in the 3rd steps of the stairs from the bottom on the left side of the stage. It was like her in some ways, because she always has this routine and characteristic of doing something the same way every time. It was kinda like putting something in the same place every time or eating something in the same way when you can do it differently anytime. Like the way she likes eating her pizza, always putting pickles and ketchup evenly on top before eating or doing everything on schedule. Anna likes to take a shower in just 15 minutes, or prepare what she will wear tomorrow before going to sleep.

On the 7th day of running, she decided to approach the boy after a few laps around the park. The boy seemed to be so deep in reading when Anna jog in front of the theater more like a small concrete stage with rows of circular concrete bench around it. By the looks of it, the stage must have not been used for years. There were cracks here and there and the white paint are somehow faded or stripped out.

Anna stopped just a few feet away from the stage and asked. "What are you reading?"

The boy was taken aback surprised to hear Anna's voice almost making him drop the not so thick book. By the looks of the book, it is one of those old SciFi novels.

Anna almost laughed when the boy turns around looking at his side and back not really believing she was talking to him. And to make it worst he even asked pointing his self with confused.

"Of course I'm talking to you," Anna replied rolling her eyes. "Unless you could see other people here aside from us."

It's true. There were no other people in the park aside from them in over the week that Anna started running laps in the area.

"Sorry. I'm just surprised." The brunette said shortly, realizing how there was no one in the area aside from him and Anna.

"Well...?" Anna asked pointed at the book he was holding.

"Oh yeah, ahmm it was nothing, just boring science fiction novel called black hole agenda." The boy answered shyly, folding the edge of the page and closed the book.

Anna nodded stepping closer. "May I?" she asked holding out her hands.

"S-sure.." the boy stammered as Anna came closer stretching his arms to hand the book to her.

Anna took the book and read the back. She was never a fan of science fiction novels, she was more of a crime and romance novel reader but a SciFi novels are still a novel for her. Reading and learning new things is quite Anna's addiction after all, besides there were only a few books you can find in the area aside from the ones that are stocked in the old and small library in the school.

"Can I borrow that after you finished reading it," Anna asked after reading the plot and the author's note handing back the book to the boy who slightly blushed after being caught staring at her.

"S--sure." He stuttered grabbing the book.

"Okay, thanks." Anna smiled kindly. "I'm Anna by the way." She introduced herself holding out her hand.

"I know." The boy responds shaking her hand slightly.

"You do?" Anna asked confused, she doesn't remember seeing him anywhere. She was not so good with names and faces anyway, so she was not so surprised at herself.