Chapter 5: Game on

It was a nice day to run but Anna was starting to notice that Edward seems to have a lot of reasons not to join her. He doesn't visit her at night anymore as well.

Anna realized that Edward may have heard about the rumor and believed it. She can't help but feel disappointed but decided not to dwell on it. Now she's beginning to regret sleeping with Edward because she also lost one of the closest friends she ever had.

Anna doesn't like explaining herself or defending herself knowing that it doesn't matter. The fact that Edward was affected by the rumor even if they are not even dating, that only means one thing. Edward is beginning to get attached or possessive with her and Anna doesn't like it.

"Where are you going?" Julia asked as she turns in the new building's direction.

"I had to meet Shane, remember?" Anna replied wondering how Julia can forget about her plans when she just told her not more than 10 minutes ago.

"Ah yeah, the one who needs tutoring."

"Yup, laters Jules" Anna waived before waltzing to the freshman's classroom.

When Anna was about to enter the room she already heard girls laughing and was surprised that Shane was not alone. She was with the new girl sitting across each other in two chairs facing each other.

"Oh, you're here." Shane said surprise.

"Should I come back later?" Anna asked with her eyebrow raised quite annoyed that this freshman was bugging her for quite a while for her to tutor her then just forget about it.

"No! No. Sorry, I just didn't realize the time." The small freshman panic. "Please, don't leave." She pleaded.

Anna just sighed, ignoring the fact that the new girl is staring at her curiously. "Okay"

"Anna meet Macy, Macy this is Anna." Anna introduced.

Anna held her hand and smiled at the new girl. "Hi, nice to meet you."

"Nice to finally meet you." Macy greeted back shaking her hand gently, grinning.

Anna's quite felt weirded out with how Macy was grinning but just tried to smile anyway.

"Okay, do you have your notes and books?" Anna finally asked when she noticed that Shane doesn't have anything with her.

"Shit! I forgot, it is still in my locker." Shane exclaimed before standing up. "I'll be right back." Then the small girl runs outside leaving Anna and Macy alone.

Anna sighed taking a seat while Macy chuckled. When Macy noticed that Anna is not in the mood, she cleared her throat. "So, how do you like this shit old town so far?" Macy asked resting her chin in her knuckles facing Anna.

Anna noticed the new girl's outfit. It was a floral dress that is quite too short compared to everyone in the school. She was sitting crossing her legs while her elbow against the armchair.

"Fine so far, too peaceful I guess." Anna shrugged. "How about you?"

"Oh, I was born here." Macy answered making Anna turn to look at her.

"So you just came back?" Anna asked and Macy nodded.

"Yeah, we left 3 years ago, when my brother took me with him."

"Yeah? Where?"

"Beningson."

"Really?! It was like 30 minutes away from my place." Anna exclaimed surprised that they came from almost the same place.

"No way?!"

"Yes way!" They both laughed.

"What did I miss?" Shane asked as she came back.