Chapter 7: Jealousy

Anna became busy with projects and homeworks that she didn't notice that she barely even notice her friends anymore except Macy who always like to spend her afternoon in Anna's apartment. Anna help her sometimes with her homeworks but most of the time, Macy only watch movies in Anna's living room.

Anna never really brought her other friends in her apartment. Only Edward and Macy had the chance to see it and hang out in it.

When Anna went to their favorite spot, to read after her class. She found Julia crying, she rushed and hug her friend not knowing what happen.

"Hey girl, what's wrong. Why are you crying?" Anna asked. Anna thought that Julia might have some problems with her family like she used to. Julia did mention sometime that her family was having some financial issues.

"Don't you want to be my friend anymore?" Anna heard Julia asked.

Anna was taken aback with the question and also got confused as to the connection of her crying from their friendship.

"Wait what?" Anna asked confused when she pulled away.

Julia look at her with her face wet with tears. Julia wiped her face with a tissue, Anna gave her.

"I said, don't you want to be friends with me anymore, you've hardly had time with us anymore."

"Of course, I still want to be your friend. What kind of question is that? I'm sorry if I barely had time to hang out with you guys. But was that the reason why you're crying?" Julia just nodded embarassed. "Oh my God. I'm so sorry. I promise to have more time for you. So please stop crying now you baby..."

"Don't be mean." Julia nudged her but smiling now.

Anna, knows that there is more to it than what Julia letting on. Julia doesn't really like talking about her personal issues at home. She did said one time to separate school problem from personal problem and vice versa. Anna respects that. Anna knew that she's a distraction from what's really bothering Julia. She doesn't mind that though. She doesn't like to poke her nose in anyone's business, let alone force anyone to talk. So she just cheer her friend up.

"I'm not mean. You're really are a baby and not just your height." Anna teased. Julia glared at her and Anna just laughed. "You can hang out with Macy and I after school. We're going to hang out in her house. Want to come?"

"I did notice that you've been spending a lot of time with her." Julia commented, her tone of voice was obviously had hidden meaning.

"Yes, we kinda hangout a lot lately. She's cool and I was wrong about her." Anna explained and she noticed the frown in Julia's face. "Wait! You're jealous of Macy?"

Julia scoffed but looked away. "Oh my gosh! You are jealous..." Anna know she's being a jerk but she can't stop herself from laughing. She felt guilty in some ways but she never really had a jealous friend before.

Julia was about to walk out when Anna grab her arm. "Oh no young lady, where do you think you're going?" Anna asked no longer laughing but she still has amused smile on her face.

"None of your business." Julia snapped.

"No, you don't get to leave when you practically admitted that you're jealous of Macy. And may I remind you that I befriended her because you're one of the people who dared me to do so." Anna countered. She held her ground not wanting to look like the villain.

Julia's eyes went wide for a while before guilt shows in her face, realizing that she has something to with it. "I guess you're right." Julia admitted.

"Good. Macy is really a sweet girl. She already knows about the dare and we became close. So I like you to really see her for who she is. Hang out with us later, and maybe you can forget about that jealousy of yours."