Chapter 84 - No Room For Weaklings

"Father."

"What is it?"

"Glory Trade Corporation, their numbers have risen considerably in the past few months," Kenji said sternly.

Sitting at his desk with a cold expression, Henry Hirogori looks up from the documents on his desk, his eyes indifferent and emotionless.

"Stop speaking with suspense and get to the point." He snapped irritably.

Nodding his head, Kenji looks sternly at his father with deep eyes.

"For the past year, I've been examining Tobias Itou's work methods and profits. However, just recently his numbers have abnormally raised even higher. I'm suspicious he may have hired an expert or used other means to increase his numbers." Kenji explained with a vacant expression.

Intently listening to his son's words, Henry Hirogori's eyes darken.

"You're right. Although Tobias is an exceptional businessman, I find his numbers don't match up to his usual even for that lucky bastard."

Henry Hirogori's voice was cold with contempt, a wide cruel sneer spread across his lips.

"But even so, his matters shouldn't concern you. As someone taking over the business, you'll never amount to anything if you focus too much on those around you. Focus on your company and only your company. I expect by the end of the week for you to raise your profits by twenty percent."

Tightly gripping his hands into fists, Kenji nods his head in agreement.

"Yes."

"Good. Now you're dismissed." Henry Hirogori waved his hand indicating for him to leave.

Nodding his head once more, Kenji turns to leave his father's office, however, abruptly stops after hearing his father's following words.

"I suggest focussing more on the company, and that you break ties with that girl of yours. A Hirogori doesn't need such useless people by their side. They'll only slow you down." Henry Hirogori's eyes narrow, a dark glint flashing within them.

"Father..." Kenji turns around to refute.

Henry Hirogori's eyes gleamed dimly. "Dare to talk back? It seems like you still don't know your place."

"Don't forget, the company isn't yours completely. You're only being tested. While I still live and breathe, the company will always be mine. You're merely a pawn, do you understand? So while I'm still here, you will follow my orders. This family has no room for weaklings."

Lowering his head, the young man's hands clench tightly, his eyes slowly becoming empty.

"Yes."

"Leave. And don't forget to cut ties from that woman."

Without saying anything else, Kenji silently leaves his father's office – his expression dull.

Left alone in his office, Henry Hirogori continues to read the documents on his desk.

That son of his, he had to make sure to quickly mold and improve him even further. He couldn't allow that son of his to turn soft just because of a woman.

He couldn't allow him to turn out just like Emily who betrayed them all just for a piece of scum.

Suddenly, the image of a petite girl with vivid purple eyes dressed in a royal blue dress flashed in his mind.

That girl as well...she was possibly the biggest disappointment.

She was too weak. Too useless, a waste to the Hirogori family.