Chapter 139 - A Remarkable Angel

As the days went by, Mimi spent her time collecting data on Shen Jue, looking through his past projects, investments, and recent activities. To avoid being noticed by him, she used the basic internet sources to discover more about him.

Opening up a woman's article on him, her brows twitched when she read the title beneath a photo of him smiling warmly at a camera.

[Sweet Prince Remains Loyal To His True Love]

The interview was ten minutes and consisted of Shen Jue being asked relationship-related questions by the host. When asked if he'd ever find a girlfriend again, Shen Jue displayed a sad expression and said in a soft tone:

"I already gave my heart to someone many years ago, to give it to someone else is impossible."

To his words, the women in the crowd squealed. Their Shen Jue was such a devoted lover! Though the love of his life was no longer among the living, he still held her in his heart! So romantic!

Reading the comments on the video, Mimi's expression grew darker.

Bullshit! This man didn't love her sister! She doubts he even knew what love was! Using her sister's death and their engagement to gain fame, truly shameless. Mimi mumbled bitterly to herself while disliking the video and releasing a few censored comments.

"What are you looking at?"

Mimi glanced up from her computer screen to see a man with a beautiful face sitting across from her, a cup of black coffee in his hand while he stared back at her. His pair of black eyes looked at her with a hint of amusement.

Lately, she found Tobias to be exceptionally observant and clingy over these past few weeks. Whether she was at home, her own company or walking the streets, he'd be there. If he was unable to be present then, he'd send someone else until he arrived.

Though Mimi enjoyed his pampering it was a bit...stifling. She hardly had time to tease or enjoy some time alone besides at night!

"Just looking at some websites."

"Oh? Like what?" Tobias smiled spuriously.

Mimi's brows twitched, but she quickly shut down her laptop and shook her head. "Nothing! They're far too inappropriate for you, my innocent boss!"

Tobias laughed softly, "Who said I was innocent?"

Mimi: "..."

Why is it that Tobias's words were starting to sound like...her? Perhaps spending all that time with him was starting to affect him mentally! Inwardly, Mimi's expression turned frantic. Did she pollute her pure and innocent boss?

Tobias observed the girl display a variety of emotions on her face and a small smile formed on his lips. He placed his cup down and reached out to rub her head.

"You worked hard today. Are you hungry?"

At that, Mimi's movements froze and her expression turned delightful. Not holding back her temptation of delicious free food, she nodded her head.

Oh well, as long as he still fed her, he could become perverted all he wanted!

Tobias stood up from his seat and ushered her forward, "Then let's go."

Mimi was delighted and hummed a song as she followed Tobias out of the building.

...

That day Jinny packed her belongings and was prepared to go home after a long day of work when a familiar voice calls out to her.

"Jinny,"

Glancing behind her, Jinny's eyes went wide before brightening at the familiar figure.