×ו

Chris and Teddy run towards the edge after the train passes, praying to whatever God there is they're alive. The dust clears slowly, showing Gordie and Vern dusting themselves off as Dylan lays a few feet away from them.

" Hey, at least now we know when the next train was due." Teddy smacks him upside the head. Taking a closer look, he notices Dylan isn't moving. There's no movement, the only thing changing is his hair, which is turning from blond to crimson.

Chris runs down the hill, keeping his footing as Teddy follows. Vern and Gordie notice and follow the two also. Chris kneels beside his still body, his lip beginning to quiver. His eyesight grows blurry as tears form.

He grabs Dylan's shoulder, shaking his body roughly. His begins to shake in fear himself. He moves his hand under his head, crimson covering the palm of his hand. The wound on Dylan's side begins to bleed through his shirt as well, dying Gordie's jacket. A sob leaves from someone behind him as he bites his lip to hold his own sobs in.

" Wake up, Dylan," Chris whispers. When the latter didn't, his voice grows louder. " Wake up. Wake up. Wake up!" he screams. He finally lets out a silent sob, and then another, and another and another. The boys soon follow, Teddy wailing as Gordie allowing tears to fall but shock still covers his face. Vern just cries and cries and cries.

Chris pulls Dylan's body close, cradling his head as the other hand grips his waist. " I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," he cries, hiding his face in the boy's neck.

Everything grows quiet to as a hand grips the back of Chris' shirt. The latter moves his head out of Dylan's neck, finding his eyes staring at Dylan's dark chocolate orbs. " Why're you sorry?" Dylan wonders, giving a soft smile. Chris doesn't answer, only giving another sob, hugging Dylan tighter than before. The three boys around the duo cry once more, joining to create a group hug. So many tears fell, but now they're tears of joy.