×××°

Ace's sneer slowly disappears, transforming into a grimacing look. Dylan swallows thickly, already knowing this will not go in his favor.

Ace pulls out his pocket knife, flicking it open before growling, " You're dead."

Teddy and Vern run up behind the latter. " C'mon, Dylan let's split," Teddy persuades, pulling him by his shoulder.

" They're not taking him and he won't get away with it," Dylan whispers, his eyes never leaving Ace.

" This is crazy, Dylan," Vern adds.

" No."

" He's got a knife, Dylan!" Teddy exclaims before running off, Vern right on his tail, hiding where Gordie was.

" You're gonna have to kill me, Ace," Dylan tells him, his voice cracking a bit.

" No problem." The cold blade touches the boy's neck, only to be yanked back as a gun goes off. Ace jumps back dramatically, his and everyone else eyes on Chris, who holds the smoking gun above his head. Slowly, he brings his hands down, aiming it at Ace.

" You're not taking him. Nobody's taking him."

" C'mon, Chris," Ace goes to persuade, only for the latter reloading the piece with a loud click.

Chris snarls, " Suck my fat one you cheap dime-store bastard." Dylan's eyes widened slowly, a small yet toothy grin replacing his geared expression.

" What Chris, you gonna kill all of us?"

" No, Ace, just you."

  Silence travels quickly, tension high. Ace speaks slowly as if he walks on thin ice. " We're gonna get you back for this."

Chris takes a few steps, now standing behind a smirking Dylan " Maybe you will, maybe you won't." He has the final word, the Cobras taking a walk of shame before driving off.

As soon as the engine disappears from range Dylan asks, " 'Suck my fat one?' Whoever told you had a one, Chambers?"

" Biggest one in four countries," he states, a toothless smile on his face.

" Right," Dylan drags out, rolling his eyes. A heavy breath leaves him before he grips his neck, still feeling the cold blade on him. Shaking his head, he follows the four boys, taking slow steps towards the corpse.

" We gonna take him?" Vern asks. Dylan answers, humming a small no.

" But we came all this way. We're supposed to be heroes, " Teddy complains.

" Not like this Teddy. Chris, give me a hand," Gordie orders. The two boys drape the blond's blanket over his body, only his feet showing like before.