How it started Part 1 (Carya's backstory)

I was young.  I had Bright sky blue eyes and dark black hair that was always braided back out of my face. One day,  when I was six in fact, I had decided to go in to the woods. I ran to the woods at the back of the house wearing my usual pink pants and short black T-shirt. I was a free spirited child and I loved exploring. It was a way to be free. A way to see them again. I saw meany things in those woods, some I tried to share with my family. My dad just laughed. My mom held my hand smiling and  saying  "What  an imagination you have my dear."   They never believed me .  But I knew what I saw. Trolls. They ignored me. Or maybe they didn't see me. I would never approach them. Just watched from a tree.  They look like rocks when other humans  were around. Mossy rocks in the river. But when the humans  were gone I saw them move. 

            So anyway I was going into the woods. The trees were huge on either side of me. I was not afraid of the woods. They were like my home. I liked anything outside. I hated to be contained for any reason. That is why I try my best to be good and not get grounded. The walls seem to close in when I'm inside. I am apparently claustrophobic. But the big outdoors were endless. No fears of being stuck out here. The woods were open for as long as I wanted them to be. 

        As usual I walk for a while until I got to a stream. I sat down and took out my notebook. I looked up and saw the sunlight peak from in between the trees. Then something out of the corner  of my eye caught my attention. 

              It was a strange kind of spider. It was huge purple with green spots. I watched it crawl up the side of the tree that it was sitting on. I was fascinated by it. I walked towards it in a daze. Slowly I stretched out my right hand (REMINDER: I WAS 6) and started to stroke it. It seemed to look at me. All of the sudden I felt a sharp sting sensation on my  hand that was stroking the spider. I gasped and jerked my hand away. On my hand there was a big bloody gash. I looked at it my eyes wide in fear. I felt woozy. I stumbled and scooped up my stuff. Running back I felt something that I thought was impossible. Fear. I ran, stumbling every few feet, back to the house. I opened the back door and fell in grabbing at anything to stop my fall. My left hand landed the coffee table and before I fainted my fingers closed around something small and hard. And  through my closed eyelids I saw a flash of green light. 

--------🎗

              "Carya." Said a voice far off in the distances I tried to go back to sleep. I was dreaming that I was on the back of a tiger jumping through the jungle. I didn't recognize the voice anyways. "Carya." There it was again. Suddenly I recognized it.

           "Mom." I called out weakly and opened my eyes forcefully.

          Her face swam into view. Her blue eyes full of worry. Red hair disheveled. Behind her stood my father. James Lake Sr's blue eyes were baby blue wile my mom's were sky. But like my mom's they were filled with worry. "Honey are you alright?" he said. As my mom took my hand and squeezing it gently. 

         I nodded but stopped quickly because it made my head hurt. "What happened?" I asked.

         "That is what we wanted to ask  you." My dad said in a worried tone. "Are you sure you are alright? We found you lying on the ground in the kitchen clutching you hand. What on earth  did you touch? Your hand is  swollen."

         Alarmed I looked down at my right hand. There was a big gash on it. 

         Wanting to change the subject I asked ."Where is Jim?" I loved my little brother and I knew this would get off the subject of me.