The Shape in the Rock

Okay, here we go!!! :) Hope you like the song even though this has nothing to d with the chapter! Thank you for being so patient guys! You are the best!!!

Solis and I walked down the cobbled street looking for an empty cave that could hold the trolls. Let's say we weren't having the best of luck. Already halfway done and still haven't found anything that might be of use. "Is there anywhere that we haven't looked?" I ask panting slightly.

"Well there always the northern part," He said gesturing to the list of places to look that he had made in his hand.

I nodded and turned right towards the northern end with Solis close behind me.

As we entered the said area, and a different color of crystals met us. For every different part of crystal cavern, there is a different color of crystal. This area had colors of blue crystals. The west had red, the East Orange, the North blue, and the South pink. In the center where the bearers meet was a large formation of all the different colors. They made a staff looking thing wrapping around each other. The structure caught my eye, and I turned to stare at it. I always how it looked. It reflected the light cast from the torches making the colors dance on the stone walls. I shook out of my distracted thoughts and turned back to Solis. "Where to now?" I asked

"Well we have to pretty far into the area before we can even think about looking for a place where they can stay," He said matter a factly

I nodded my understanding and led the way down the winding stone streets. When we turned a corner, we found we had wandered into a dead end. "That's not supposed to be here," Solis commented looking at the map he had also made.

Curiously I looked at it and traced my finger over a more massive crack in the thick gray rock. "What is supposed to be here?" I asked, not looking away from inspecting the rock.

"Well this is supposed to be a ruin of an old statue," He answered. "But that doesn't seem to be here."

I could hear him shuffle about and cry. "Carya! Come look at this!" I raced over to the spot he was at and looked at where he was pointing. It was a shape in the rock. But this was in the shape of my crystal. I looked slightly surprised at the shape than at the crystal around my neck. Well, not really surprised, nine years in Crystal Cavern taught me to expect the unexpected. Seeing there was only one thing to do, I put my crystal gently in the rock space. At once, the green light seemed to spread through the cracks in the wall creating seance of war and victory. Trolls were swimming in the sea and the volcanoes, in the fields and trees. Trolls I had never seen before lite up the darker space. A story of great passion and love. As I walked down the wall, the scenes changed into battle. I saw trolls die, and villages burned. I saw older male trolls rushing their wives and children to safety. I watched with slight horror as the images became more gruesome by the second. And then the final one was the four-armed ones in chains at the bottom of the feet of the Elementals. It was incomplete, however. The faces had no detail, and it seemed that some had been crossed out of redrawn. I realized that this was the history and past of the war that we are currently fighting right now. I turned to tell Solis and saw he was looking at a picture of a female troll with a child in her arms. I recognized  Igétis standing over the pair, the rare smile on his face. I put a hand on Solis and lead him away from the picture. "What do you think these markings mean?" I asked him trying to help him stop the thinking of his mother.

"This is evidently the history of Crystal Cavern and the war so far," Solis said, looking closely at the walls. "I remember most of this stuff happening. Even though I was very young."

"The history of..the war," I muttered looking at the pictures. "But why did my necklace activate it?"

Solis shrugged. "I don't know. But let's keep looking for a place for the other trolls."