Chapter-26

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

The time moved so fast that I don't even know how I landed in college. Everything felt surreal. Nino and Inba were busy talking and I was lost in my own thoughts.

I felt the presence of someone behind me. I turned to see Felina standing with Rahul.

"Hey. How are you doing?" Felina was the first one to break the silence.

"Good. What about you guys?"

They quickly came and hugged me. I missed them a lot too.
Everything would have been normal if we never went on that trip. But at the same time it would have not been normal as still the murders would have been taking place.

So,Whatever happened, happened for a reason.

"Guys! You will kill her." Inba said pulling me to her side.

"No more kills guys. Please." Nino said.

We all smiled. I just hope that everything will return back to normal soon.

"I wonder how you people manage to talk for so long. Doesn't your mouth hurt?"

My face broke into a smile the moment my eyes fell on him. I rushed towards him giving him a tight hug.

Suddenly the loud ringing of bell broke us apart.  Nice way to ruin a moment I thought.

"I think the bell is jealous. Come on let's go." He said with a wink dragging me with him.

I waved bye to my friends and shouted "See you guys in class" looking towards Felina and Rahul. They nodded.

"I think today evening we have to visit Riya." I say.

"Over my dead body."

"Allwyn but.."

"No buts Rose. No one is going their and that's final." He said in a serious tone.

"Please." I begged switching on my puppy dog face.

"You manipulate me easily." He smiled.

"OK bye." I gave him a quick kiss and rushed towards my class.

The moment I entered in my eyes automatically went towards the place where Riya sat.

Even if I agree it or not but deep inside I know that I am going to miss her.

Our morning classes ended in a jiffy. Now we were on the way to the canteen. Inba and Nino joined us the moment we entered in.

Once we sat on our usual table with our food, I told them that I was going to visit Riya. They all were hell bent on convincing me that it was a bad idea.

After a lot of argument I managed to convince them. Nino was the only one who said that she was also going to come with us.

Entire afternoon classes I kept on thinking about my evening plan. It would be relief for me if I see her.

Not only that I also wanted to know the reason she became like this.

Final bell rang indicating that the college was over.

We were waiting near the parking lot for Nino and Inba. Allwyn was ready seated in his car.

"Sorry I am late." Nino came running towards us.

"That's fine."

Inba was going out with Gaurav. After sending them. Now we were on our way to the Mental asylum.

I was quite nervous and so was Nino. Allwyn seemed perfectly alright.

"Nothing's gonna happen Rose." He assured me.

As the car slowly entered in I felt as if my total energy has drained out.

The car came to a halt and we made our way towards the reception. Allwyn was talking to the receptionist.

We then headed towards a door which had a board with "Dr Lucy Lobow." Written on it.

I was about to knock when the door suddenly opened revealing a short lady in her mid 60's. Her lips broke into a small smile when she saw us and she quickly gestured us in, towards the chair.

"So, you all are here to see Ms. Rylee."

Oh! So that's her real name.
We all nod.

"I was Rylee's doctor for past 13years." She tells us with a sad smile.

"So, do you know why she is like this?" Nino question's.

We all remain silent waiting for her answer and then she begins.

"Yes. Her parents brought her here when she was 5 year's old. They said that her behaviour was not normal compared to the other kids of her age. It was very difficult for us to figure out what was wrong with her. So, we told them she was just a child and it was just her ways of action.
After 2 year's they again came to us with the complaint that she behaved very rudely and she got angry for little things. She was removed from her school for injuring a boy of her age. When her parents asked her why did she do that, her answer was that he was her friend but he spoke with other kids avoiding her." She paused drinking water from her glass and continued.

"We gave her some medications and told her parents to bring her again if this behaviour continues. It was later we figured out that she was suffering from NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder). But in due time there were many violent cases filed on her. It was then she was permanently admitted here. I have to agree she was way too aggressive. If we asked any questions her answer was always how she will enjoy killing us when she was out. We did many things in order to make her stable but nothing worked. People were afraid to go near her to give her breakfast or lunch. We had to keep her locked.
She had a habit of reading books. So, usually we thought engaging her in reading activities can stabilize her brain. But that too didn't work. She was way too intelligent. This followed for few years. Her parents used to visit her but her rage towards them went on increasing and they had to stop visiting. One day the most unexpected and terrific thing happened. She escaped."

"What?" Shouted Nino.

"We still don't know how she managed to escape. The next day there was a news that a couple got murdered in their house. It was none other than Rylee's parents. They were brutally murdered. From then many murders took place in that surrounding but the police never got to find the one behind all these. Eventually it all stopped and everything went back to normal. But we used to see the same thing happening in our neighboring cities."

All this was very hard to digest. So many death's and a single person behind all these who looked perfectly healthy. But who knew that was just a mask she was wearing and the real one was hiding.

"One thing in common was all those murder's happened in the same way. We did our best to find her. We knew she was the one behind all these. But we failed. It has been 4 year's. I know you people also suffered a lot. But she is finally here now and its only because of you all. I can't assure you that she can be cured but I can assure you that we will not let her go this time."

Her words somehow soothed me. But will they really keep her locked here?
She escaped the first time and it won't be a big deal for her to do the same second time. Right??

I was immersed in my thoughts when her words pulled me back to reality.

"You can see her now." She said with a smile.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦