13. No Friends, Just Benefits

I had eaten a quick but delicious meal with Noah and Jason's mom, and I was more than grateful. We hadn't spoken much at the table, yet I couldn't help but envy the little girl for having such a caring mother. She was just like how mothers were supposed to be. I remembered how my mom was just like that, before everything screwed up and took a turn for the worse.After I had left, I went back home and changed into the gorgeous sunflower yellow dress Jason gifted to me. Kelsey had told me it was at a restaurant by the beach, and knowing Kelsey it was most likely a beach party. So I made sure to wear my white bikini under my dress. If I was going to get wet, it was better to save myself from the hassle of doing my hair only to have it ruined by water.

Throwing it up into a ponytail, I pinned my bangs back into a pouf and just swiped on some waterproof mascara and my favourite lip balm. Slipping my lovely silver flats on, I snatched my camera from my desk before heading out to my surprise party. Just as I walked out the door, my phone vibrated in my dress pocket. Reaching out, I answered and pressed it to my ear."Yeah?" I asked, hopping into the car.

"Have fun, today." A velvety voice quipped, causing my heart to skip a beat. I smiled brightly, giggling a bit.

"I will, shouldn't you be driving, Jason?" I inquired, teasingly.

He chuckled, and I found myself laughing back. "I made a stop at the convenience store to call you and buy a couple packs of chocolate and chips."

I sighed, shaking my head as I snapped my seat belt into place. "You sound like a girl on her period."

"You're horrible." He snorted. "Stop wasting time, go have fun."

I smiled, "Jeez, a little pushy, are we? Well, I'm about to head off now, drive safe?" I asked even though I knew he would.

"Always do," he replied.

I smiled, "Okay, bye... Come back soon." The last part dropped down to a whisper, and I wasn't sure if he even heard me at first.

There was a minute of silence and I wasn't sure if he had hung up on me or not. "I'll try my best. Bye." Then the line went dead.

Tossing my phone onto the passenger seat, I sped off to The Grass Hut, it was by far the cutest restaurants I've ever dined at. It had this fitting Hawaiian theme to it, and they served their drinks in jars, and some dishes in coconut shells. Not to mention they had the best taste in music.

The Grass Hut was about twenty minutes away and when I finally pulled up, I knew everyone had already arrived judging by the amount of cars that filled the parking lot. Even before I could take the first step out of my car, I heard Kelsey.

"Charlotte!" She squealed, running up to me, bubbling with excitement. I cocked my head to the side and smiled, throwing my arms open and ready to be choked by Kelsey's killer hugs. She threw her arms around me and squeezed as tight as ever, limiting my oxygen supply. She babbled incessantly about how excited she was and how she was so happy I was finally nineteen. "We're legal in Canada, now, you know!" She laughed.

"Kelso... Can't... Breathe..." However, my pleas were to no avail. She couldn't hear me over her excitement and I was sure I was going to pass out if it hadn't been for Evan who jogged up to us and pried Kelsey off.