Chapter Four - Part Three

-------

Not starting a new chapter yet, because the other parts weren't long enough, so this is another part of the last chapter.

Hope you like! I worked long and hard on it, so you better!

Please vote! It's easy, just a click of a button!!! Pretty please. And if you can't, please at least leave a comment, so I know how you feel about the story.

-------------------

"Bent over the open fire,

Her face rose-red with the glowing coal

And the thought of the heart's desire."

Robert Frost - Love and a Question

Previously

"Don't you dare, take them off." That's when I realized how close we were standing.

His face was right in front of mine, and my hand was still wrapped around his wrist. I could feel his slow breaths on my face, and some of the heat radiating from my body. Somehow, I had gotten myself stuck into his two light emerald eyes. I watched him as he slowly leand closer, and closer...

Chapter Four - Part Three

Immediately, I stepped back, let go of his arm, and slapped him right in the face. It was a sickening crunchh, and I was appaled at myself, and at him. He held a hand up against his check to subside the pain.

"What was that for?" he asked. Well, it was for trying to kiss me, but another reason was that I was afraid he was going to. And the first thing I could think of was respond with violence. Hm, maybe I could use some manners.

"You tried to kiss me," I stated. He narrowed his eyes.

"And that was your reason for slapping me?"

"Yes," I responded. "You shouldn't have tried. I don't know why you think I would have kissed you back." He opened his mouth, but before he could speak, I interupted. "And before you tell me how lucky I would be able to kiss a prince, let me just say that no I wouldn't be. Because I know you probably don' t have another care in the world. You've probably kissed a ton of girls, and expected me to be just like them. Well I'm not, and I'm not something that you can just use. I'm something you have to work for, love before you can have. And I dont' see me in your near future."

And with that, I spun around, and started for the exit of the castle. I had been here too long already, longer than I had wanted to, and I hoped my mother hadn't checked on me in my room.

Derek's POV

I stared after her, as she ran away, her cloak flowing in the distance, but I wished it could be her hair instead, so I knew what she looked like.

"I wouldn't say that," I whispered. "And I didn't think you were like that." But of course she couldn't hear me. She was already to far away, taking some of my heart with her.

And she was also wrong for that matter. I wasn't going to tell her how lucky she was. Though I had thought it was my luck to meet someone like her. And I knew she wasn't like all the other girls. She was different, and I knew it. But boy was she wrong. Though it was the truth, and most people didn't know, I had never kissed a girl before. Never. And I was surprised by my nerve to do so. There was just something about her, something about Celeste, that made me feel that she was the right person. That I could kiss her.

But that had been ruined. Because she had slapped me, and run off into the darkness. It hurt, and I knew my face wouldl be red, and I hoped their would be no bruise.

"Darling, are you and Miss Edulici okay-"

My mother stopped short as she peered at me from around the corner. She yelled out in surprise and ran towards me. "What happened! Are you hurt. We need to get your to the doctor downstairs."

"I'm fine mother," I said, but of course she didn't listen. She just fussed over me and dragged me into the castle, and I trudged in along with her.

Celeste's POV

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my bedroom door opening with a creak. Grogilly, I slowly sat up, the bed covers tumbling off my bed and collapsing in a heap on top of the carpeted floor. The sun peeked through the slits of the curtains covering the windows and made identical lines along my bed. My sister, Delaine, stood in the doorway, her hand still attached to the door knob.

"Celeste, breakfast is-"

She stopped as she stared at me. I glanced down, but didn't notice anything different.

"What is it?" Delaine pointed at my clothes.

"Don't you think that's getting a little too small for you?" My arms defensively crossed over my chest, which was covered by a green tank top paired with white shorts.

"No. I wear this only when I go to sleep Deli, so why does it matter? No one else except the family will ever see me in this." She pouted.

"I told you to never call me Deli, it sounds like I'm some type of ham sandwich." I smiled. Ah, us Edulici sisters and our constant name lectures. "But I guess it's better that you wear it at home instead of in public. If you did, all the guys would be running towards you and there would be no guys left. Where would that leave Celia and I" I laughed and she smiled. Delaine opened the door wider and stepped back. "Come on, get dressed. Mom made a huge feast of a breakfast. She made your favorite - eggs benedict."

Smiling, I got off the bed and stood up. Mm, mom's eggs benedict. Yum.

"What's the occasion?" Delaine shrugged.

"No idea, though it's definietly more than we could eat. Well without you that is. You could eat it all alone without our help. Bet mom invited guests. Meet you downstairs?" I nodded, and she left back out the hallway.

With a slight yawn, I made my way to my closet, and pulled out a white shirt and a claok. He he, you'd be surprised by how many cloaks cluttered my closet. I quickly pulled the shirt on, then tugged my arms through the cloak and buttoned it up.

I pulled the hood over my head and glanced towards the mirror. How I woke up looking fresh and renewed I did not know. Slipping on the sunglasses, I rushed out of the room and down the stairs.

"Mm, the smell of-"

I stopped when I saw who was standing at the end of the staircase.

"Celeste," he said formally.

"Prince Derek."

-----------

So I've decided I can't wait to get to the most exciting parts of this story and will post so much more frequently and longer chapters! I can't wait to get to the turning point. But that's only if....

You can get more readers. Or if I can. I really need votes, comments, and readers to see how I'm doing on my story. So please spread the word!!!!!!!

Gosh, I wish I could tell you what she looks like, but I can't. Your gonna have to wait and see!

Still sticking with at least twenty votes for an asap upload. Thirtteen votes if you want me to upload at all. I'm not asking for much, I've had thirteen votes before, so I know you can do it again!!!

Please vote, comment, and fan if you haven't!!!

Oh! And I want your opinion on something, or more, what you think. I kind of have it planned out already, but I want to hear what you think Celeste will look like! Or what you think is going to happen!!! :)

Ciao for now, Emily :D