Chapter Eight

---------

If I had to name the busiest week of my life ever, that would be this week. Too many projects, meetings, and homework. For the first time in my life, I'm actually pretty busy. That's why this post is so late, and I'm sorry about it.

So... I've been reading the opinions, and actually, I pretty happy that you guys know what you want and don't want. Anyways, I don't want to ruin anything for you guys, so please just wait and see.

What's Hot #67! *claps hands and does a little happy dance*.

And by the way also, if your wondering why his father only had one wife, that was because the law that existed now about it hadn't been put into place.

Oh, and also, thanks to those who recommended songs to me :D.

Thanks to the one who told me to try out Hey Juliet - Lmnt. I love it!

Chapter Eight

Derek's POV

"Celeste?"

I stared and looked at this girl confusingly. She had the same lips Celeste had, and the same cloak. She was as tall as Celeste, but something was off. I couldn't look away; I was absolutely mesmerized.

Her eyes were the clearest color of aqua, like water, that somehow looked intense. They bore into you, and for some reason, you could not tear your eyes away. They were brilliant, luminescent, and glistening. They were the kind of eyes that you wished someone would use only for you.

The girl tilted her head to the side and searched me questioningly. My eyes widened. She was adorable and pretty! Who was she. This girl looked so innocent...

But then she started snickering.

"Ha ha! You should see your face! That was hilarious! Why were you looking at me like that?" I stopped.

"Celeste?" She rolled her eyes, her beautiful eyes.

"You didn't recognize me, did you? Are you always like that, you know, stupid?" Definitely Celeste. But I was to stunned to give her a retort or a comeback. She was smiling, and it looked just perfect on her, and it didn't want it to disappear.

"Why did you...?" I asked, but didn't really finish. She laughed.

"Scarlet kind of made me, it wasn't really my choice." Thank you Scarlet. But Celeste could do with taking off the cloak...

But I would take what I could get.

I held an arm out towards her.

"Can I escort you to to the dining table?" She raised her eyebrows at me curiously, then slid her arm around mines. Celeste smiled.

"Why not?"

Celeste's POV

I had no idea of why his attitude suddenly changed, but I kind of was thankful for it.

Not wearing my sunglasses were kind of uncomfortable if you ask me. Everything seems so brighter now, because I use to see things with shaded eyes. It was also weird, because I had a reflex to fix my sunglasses in their place, but they weren't there anymore, so now I looked like an idiot trying to poke her eyes out. Smooth.

What also really bothered me, where the many stares I received. Well, it must have been weird for them. Or at least some of them. The ones who knew me before that is. Which weren't a lot of them. There were a bunch of royalty who kept on glancing my way and whispering. Especially that boys. Yuck.

The gathering was... well a gathering, which meant is was quite busy, and you had to come in contact with about ten people every couple seconds if yo were trying to get around.