Chapter Twelve

---

Dedicated to my sister Nicole. There are no words to describe how much I love her. Happy Birthday :)!

Please check out her stories, I know it would mean a lot to her.

I've been disappointed by my last couple chapters, and hope that this and the next one will make up for it.

This is an early upload, so I expect lots of votes.

And from now on, if I'm changing a point of view, it will say that by a Chapter, of by a new part of the chapter.

See the lights

See the party, the ball gowns

I see you make your way though the crowd

And say hello, little did I know

That you were Romeo

Love Story - Taylor Swift

Chapter Twelve

--------------

The outside of the the castle was surrounded by cars. People were standing around on the steps, talking to others. Two knights guarded the entrance, as I watched from the shadows.

The cloak felt like soft silk on my arms, and I hoped I didn't stick out too much, but of course, when you were dressed in a cloak while everyone else was wearing something formal, you would stand out.

It was a short while after I saw my mother and sisters arrive. They slowly got out of the car. Celia was dressed in a pink over the shoulder dress, with a small rose in the corner. Delaine was dressed in a long black dress that was held up by two lengths of cloth strapped around her neck and stopped mid knee. I was surprised and impressed that they were wearing something more modest than I had expected.

My mother was dressed in a baby blue colored long sleeved dress, and the bottom of it spilled down below her. On anyone else would have probably looked like an old granny dress, but on her it fit perfectly, and made her look like a queen.

As my family made their way up their steps, I quickly dashed out of the bushes next to the castle walls and towards the steps they were on. How I did this in high heels, I didn't know, but it felt like a great accomplishment. My family glanced at me in surprise as they found me standing beside them, but no one else seemed to notice my sudden arrival.

"Hello mother, sisters. Ready to go?" I asked as if it was the most casual thing for me to pop out of nowhere.

"Um. Okay," my sisters said. My mother nodded. Smiling, I grabbed their hands and began to pull them up the steps, grinning even wider as they seemed embarrassed by me doing so. I didn't know how, but somehow, I felt tonight was going to be one fabulous night, and I could not wait.

Chapter Twelve Part Two - Derek

-------------------------------

The beginning of the ball every year was usually quite boring, sitting at the front of the room on the stage next to my mother and father, usually known as the seats of honor, but I called it the seats of boredom. I had to greet the guest and pretend to be a gentleman or something for the beginning of the evening.

The party usually only got going twenty to thirty minutes after it started, but I usually wasn't excited or nervous. This time I was, and it was pretty obvious why.

This was the night I was going to be choosing my wife - I mean wives. Yeah I was nervous, why wouldn't I be. Even a prince doesn't take who they're going to have to spend the person their rest of their lives with lightly. But I was excited because I wanted to see Celeste again.