two: new friends

TWO: new friends los angeles, 1990's trigger warning: mental abuse

TWO: new friends
los angeles, 1990's
trigger warning: mental abuse

ADRIANA SAT on the little roof near her window as she waited for frank's car to pull out of the parking lot which meant it was safe for her to go in. her foot dangled off the roof as she played with one of the wheels off her board.

that night she had slept under the big oak tree which wasn't very safe but it was safer then coming home and risking frank seeing her. she had hardly slept anyways so she wasn't too worried about someone kidnapping her.
she figured that the big oak tree was going to become her new home for the next couple of days, or weeks.

once the girl believed she had reached her peak of boredom she heard frank's loud car roar to life and pull out of the driveway which let her know if she wanted to get her shit she had to go now. she quickly scrambled up and jumped towards her window, her hand barley grasping the window sill as she struggled to pull herself up. once she managed to stick half her body inside her bedroom she quickly pushed herself in, making her body land to the floor.

"asshole." she muttered as she observed her dirty room with all her drawers open and clothes scattered all over the place. frank had gone through her shit, probably looking for some loose change so he could buy a pack of cigarettes. she quickly tore her backpack off her back and began shoving as much clothes as she could fit in the bag. she grabbed a handful of her colorful barrettes off her dresser and shoved them in the smaller pocket of her bag.

she traded her dirty sweatshirt for a new clean one and let the old one fall to the floor. she quickly threw her bedsheet that was tied to her bed frame out the window in case she decided on coming back. she then placed her backpack on her back and quickly ran to the kitchen. she estimated she had around 3 more minutes until frank would come back from the corner store where he always went to buy cigarettes.

adriana threw her fridge door open and quickly grabbed whatever she could find. she hadn't eaten since the morning before so she was starving. she grabbed a handful of shredded cheese and threw it in her mouth before kicking the fridge door shut and running towards the pack of water bottles on the floor. she shoved two in her bag and held on to one before grabbing the big bag of opened hot cheetos and toke off back towards her room.

just as she was about to go back out her window she felt an arm grab hers. "oh shit." she muttered, instantly assuming frank had returned early but when she turned around and made eye contact with her teary eyed mother her tense demeanor vanished.

"please don't leave me. your brother and father already left so please stay." her mother begged as she held onto the girl's hand. adriana rubbed her thumb along her mother's hand before speaking, "when he leaves i'll come back. but until then i'm leaving." her once kind demeanor vanished as she tore her hand from her mother's. her eyes turned a deeper shade of brown as she stared at her mother in disgust before making her way out the window.