sixteen: date night

sixteen: date nightlos angeles, 1990's

sixteen: date night
los angeles, 1990's

ROSY WAS PERCHED on fourthgrade's lap when a scrawny woman with short hair came marching into the store, dragging stevie by his ear. "hey, hey! what's your name?" she asked fuckshit, making the boy look around at everyone with furrowed eyebrows. rosy slowly set the beer that was in her hands down on the table as fourthgrade began filming the upset woman.

"fuckshit." he said with a smirk. "fuckshit?" she asked with raised eyebrows making everyone silently giggle. "jesus, listen to me, you do not give my son alcohol!" she exclaimed as fuckshit drank from his beer as an attempt to hide the laugh that begged to leave his lips. "ma'am, ma'am." ray began saying when fuckshit corrected him, "bitch." he quietly mumbled making ruben and fourthgrade giggle.

the woman raised her eyebrows at fuckshit's snarky remark before she began yelling again, "you do not give my son alcohol! you do not give my son drugs! do you understand?" she screamed making fuckshit roll his eyes.

"cool, cool," fuckshit said, not giving the woman anymore time of his day as his eyes flickered back to the skate video playing on the tv. "it better be cool fuckhead or whatever the fuck your name is!" the woman exclaimed making everyone laugh. stevie looked embarrassed as his mother continued to yell, "stay away from my son, he's not like you." she said as she looked rosy up and down making the girl raise her eyebrows. rosy opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by fourthgrade speaking for her, "is she mad about the fingering?"

rosy's jaw dropped at his words and she quickly turned to glare at her boyfriend. "baby, don't say that!" the girl exclaimed making fourthgrade shrug as stevie's mom gasped in shock. "what fingering?" stevie's mom yelled as she glared at her son. before stevie could try and defend himself she grabbed him by his ear and began walking towards the shop door before she spun him around, "say goodbye stevie because this is the last time you're coming here!" she exclaimed making stevie groan in frustration.

"ay, but baby what's yo number though?" fuckshit called out after her making rosy laugh even harder. "bro that's stevie's mom!" ray said making the boy shrug. "you not taking that down, you not taking that down!" he exclaimed making the group laugh harder.

everyone couldn't believe what had just happened and watched through the store windows as stevie yelled at his mom in their family car. it wasn't long until stevie climbed out the car, anger in his eyes as he snatched his board from the front seat and ran back inside the shop. his mom didn't bother to come back and get him so she simply drove off.

"you good shorty?" rosy asked the boy who just yelled, "no!" and disappeared out the back of the shop doors. everyone looked at one another with blank stares, "who gonna talk to little man?" ray asked. everyone looked at ray making the boy raise his eyebrows, "me?" he asked in shock. "yes n**** you! go play mother teresa so me and rosy can spark up." fuckshit exclaimed as he pulled a pre roll out from his pocket making rosy's eyes light up.

ray scoffed before he stood from the couch, grabbed his board, and disappeared out the shop doors. rosy toke his seat with a happy smile on her face as she rested her feet on fourthgrade's lap. rosy put the joint to her lips and sparked it before inhaling the drug. she let the smoke roll out her lips as she did a happy dance making all her friends laugh. eventually the group finished smoking the joint in five minutes and were now looking at one another, completely bored.

fourthgrade stood, grabbed his board and backpack before walking towards the shop doors. "where you going?" rosy called out after the boy. "i'm taking you on a date, you coming?" he asked. rosy let a small smile reach her lips as she snatched her board from the floor, waved bye to her friends, and followed after her boyfriend.

the two skated down the street, along side one another as they admired the beautiful sky. "so, where are we going?" rosy asked the boy who had fresh hickies covering his neck. "just follow me." was all he said as he skated faster, rosy didn't hesitate to listen.

after twenty minutes of either silence or jokes the two arrived at the bottom of a hill that had a fence surrounding it. rosy looked up at the fence with furrowed eyebrows and watched as fourthgrade threw his board and then his bag over and began climbing. rosy did the same without asking any questions.

the boy interlocked their hands as he began walking up the dirt path that soon turned into no path. "where now?" she asked when the path disappeared. "through the plants." fourthgrade explained as he held onto her hand tighter and began walking through plants that were now up to their waists. "watch us step on a snake." rosy joked making fourthgrade grip her hand tighter. "don't say that," he grumbled as he began walking faster making the girl laugh.

the two eventually made it up the hill with plants sticking out of their pants and deep breaths leaving their mouths. rosy didn't understand why they were here until she saw it. a view of the whole city that made her jaw drop. it was absolutely beautiful. she watched from far away as cars drove on the freeway, thinking about how crazy it was that she would most likely never see those cars again ever. the view made her realize how small she and her problems really were in such a big world.

"you coming?" fourthgrade asked her. she turned to him and let her jaw drop again as she admired the boy who was now sat on a tapestry with food laid out around him. she couldn't hide the smile on her face as she approached him, love in her eyes. she sat down next to him, his arm wrapping around her waist as she looked around at the picnic in shock.

"you did this for me?" she sheepishly asked making the boy smile. "yea, you told me how you were feeling sad remember? so i wanted to cheer you up." he admitted as he looked around at all the snacks and drinks laid out. she placed a long kiss on his lips as she whispered, "i love you." to him. he didn't hesitate to whisper the words back as he rested his head on her shoulder.

the two began eating as they talked about random things, taking breaks here and there to admire the view. "you know, you never told me what you want to be when you're older." he said as he tore his eyes away from the view to look at her. the girl smiled as she looked at him, "pro skateboarder."

he smiled at her words. "you can do it, like deadass." he said making the girl shrug. "what makes you think that?" she asked as she placed another chip in her mouth. "because you're really good at skating. like crazy good." he said making rosy blush. "you are too." she said.

fourthgrade scoffed at her words, "i know but you're like pro good. if you really wanna do it, you have my full support." he admitted making rosy smile at him. "and if you really wanna purse filmmaking and make movies, you have my full support." she said making him blush as he looked down at his camera that was in his hands, filming the whole date.

"thank you." he said making the girl furrow her eyebrows. "for?" she asked as she drank the rest of her water. "for believing in me." he said making the girl smile. she pressed a kiss to his lips before she pulled away and muttered, "anytime baby."

-roseissues