eleven: the gap

ELEVEN: the gap los angeles, 1990's

ELEVEN: the gap
los angeles, 1990's

ROSY WAS SILENT as she approached the group. no one had noticed the girl who protectively held the vanilla folder to her chest, but she didn't mind it though. they seemed to be invested in a story fuckshit was telling as he erratically waved his arms around.

"rosy!" ruben quickly exclaimed as he stood from the curb of the abandoned school and ran towards the girl. "hey ruben." rosy said as she greeted the boy who was extremely happy to see her. the first thing he noticed were her light red eyes and her pink flustered cheeks.

"you good?" he asked making the girl just nod her head as a small smile made it's way to her lips. "yea, you good?" she lied. the boy just nodded his head with a smile before he went back to sitting on the curb with the rest of the boys. "yo rosy!" ray said as he also happily greeted the girl who approached the group.

"hey," rosy said with a small smile as she looked around at everyone before she sat down next to fourthgrade. she rested her head on his shoulder as fuckshit continued telling his story. "where'd you go?" fourthgrade whispered into her ear as he snuck a hand around her waist without any of their friends noticing.

"i had to do some shit, but, it's all good now. my dad's gone, for good this time." she announced making the boy furrow his eyebrows. "you didn't kill him right?" he asked making rosy laugh. "no-no! he's just, gone." she corrected making him nod his head as she thought of the note she had found that morning.

on her way to the empty school where she knew the boys would be at she was looking through the folder nate had given her and stumbled upon a note with, "talked to your dad, he thinks you came with me, he's gone for good. i'm sorry, -nate" written in nate's messy hand writing. a part of the girl who craved her father's affection was hurt but her ego didn't let that part show so instead she simply pretended she didn't mind. it wasn't this was his first time leaving so she just tried to ignore it.

"hey i brought your board!" ray said as he pulled her board out from under him and handed it to rosy who accepted the beat up board with a large smile. "thank you," she muttered making him just nod his head before he turned back to fuckshit. "so two weeks? n**** what the fuck." he said making fuckshit quickly nod his head.

"i know, my parents seen my report card and they were fucking pissed, no car for two weeks. might as well cut my dick off." he said with a small smile that made everyone laugh.

"my parents are fucking retarded bro. like i'm a junior in high school, it's not like all of a sudden i'm about to get into harvard or some shit. like- my parents did that and they get payed. so if i get c's i'm cool with that. that life's just not mine." he said making the smile from ray's face disappear.