tweleve: rejection

TWELEVE: rejection los angeles, 1990's

TWELEVE: rejection
los angeles, 1990's

ROSY EAGERLY WAITED for fourthgrade to make an appearance but he never did. when the door opened and the bell went off, her eyes lit up in hopes that it would be fourthgrade but slowly the gleam disappeared from her eyes when stevie walked in instead.

the boy had been ignoring her and she didn't know why. she had an idea though. yesterday when rosy and ruben had finished talking she had gone out to search for him to only find out that he had left. without a word to anyone he just left. after that rosy interrogated ruben, questioning whether or not he told fourthgrade what she had told him but he swore he didn't so she believed him.

now rosy was sat in the shop, hoping, praying the boy would come in soon but it seemed like her prayers were going unanswered.

"look at this crazy ass n****, right here!" fuckshit yelled out making rosy snap out of her trance as her eyes flickered back to the young boy who walked in with his baseball cap the other way around. ruben immediately tensed up but calmed down under rosy's touch as she lightly placed her hand on his shoulder.

ruben offered rosy some chips as the two's eyes followed stevie who walked past them and towards ray who was behind the counter. "how's your head psycho?" ray asked making stevie laugh as he muttered, "fine," with a smile. "no sunburn it's clearly not fine. there's clearly some fucked up shit going on up there." ray said making stevie just smile as he placed his thrashed up board against the glass display.

"you know you're board is looking pretty fucked up there." he said making stevie mutter, "yea." ray went to go reach for a new board off the wall making rosy widen her eyes while ruben tensed back up again. he handed a yellow board with a black m in the middle to stevie before muttering, "i think you should probably ride one of these."

stevie awkwardly looked at ray before saying, "oh i don't have any money." which made both ray and fuckshit break out into laughter as ruben and rosy just stayed quiet. rosy knew if what she thought was happening was happening ruben was going to lose his shit.

"no like you don't understand. this is yours." ray said as he pushed the board closer towards stevie which made stevie smile even wider. "no one will be missing it!" fuckshit added as stevie quickly grabbed for it as he yelled out, "are you fucking serious?" in disbelief.

meanwhile ruben also yelled out, "are you fucking serious?" as he quickly stood up from the stool and grabbed his own thrashed up board and ran out the shop's front door. "fuck!" rosy muttered before she too grabbed her board and her backpack before she followed after her bestfriend. "come back with some skittles!" ray yelled to the teens earning a middle finger from both rosy and ruben that made him laugh.