Chapter Sixteen

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

● ● ●

16.
PURITY

The dress that Jimin had bought turned out to be a white lace dress that reached just above my knees and had full-sleeves made up of white lacy see-through material. It fit my body perfectly; not too loose, not too tight, just perfect. A prim, graceful white dress that screamed purity.

It was, to say, a really beautiful dress. After taking a relaxing bath and brushing my teeth with the new toothbrush Jimin gave me, I changed into the dress, wearing the same black stilettos I had wore yesterday. As I dried my hair, I thought about the scare Jimin gave me. I was horrified at the thought of . . .

I shook my head to shove away the thought at the back of my mind. Running a comb through my tangled hair, I untangled the knots which was a very tedious work because my hair thought it was the best day to tangle itself into a mess and make me late for breakfast.

Breakfast. Oh shit.

I was late already. Jimin's parents must be waiting. Oh no no. They must be thinking I'm such an improper girl with no manners.

As soon as my hair looked presentable, I tied them into a French braid. Grabbing the lipgloss out out of my purse, I applied the light red hue on my lips and put it back into my purse.

I yanked open the bedroom door and hurried down the hallway, my heels making a click click on the marble floor. I was lost in the massive mansion. I didn't know where I was and where the damn dining room was. I opened a door that seemed like it'd lead to dining table but it was a study room.

After checking multiple room, I let out a sigh.

At this rate, I'm never going to find them.

Just before I can take another step, someone spoke up.

"Miss Eun Hee?" A female voice said.

I turned around to find the same maid who had pinched Jimin's cheek. I smiled a little in relief.

"Oh. Thank God. You're here. I was lost." I smiled sheepishly and walked towards her.

She chuckled a little at my words, gesturing towards the left side of hallway. "Come on. I'll show you the dining room," she said and started walking.

I followed her.

"Am I late for breakfast?" I asked, my voice wavering a little. I couldn't shake off the worry. I just had a bad feeling about all this. I didn't know a thing about Jimin's family. I was regretting the decision now. I shouldn't have agreed to Jimin's favour.

"No, Miss Eun Hee. You're not late," she said, turning into another hallway.

This place has, God knows, how many hallways. No wonder I was lost.

"Oh. Please call me Eun Hee. Miss makes me feel weird," I said.

It reminds me of Jimin.

We stopped outside a room.

"Alright, Eun Hee. This is the dining room." She gestured toward the double doors.