Chapter Thirty Three

"I'm not bulletproof when it comes to you."

● ● ●

33.
ALONE WITH THE THOUGHTS

The pictures of Jimin and I sitting in the cafe were being shown on television. In the pictures, my back was towards the camera so people couldn't really see my face. No one could tell it was me except for Jimin and I. Sana too. She'd just have to look at one of my hair and tell that it was me.

The pictures themselves didn't make Jimin mad. As I looked at Jimin's balled up fists, his clenched jaw, I knew he had started beating the shit out of the paparazzi who took these pictures in his mind.

As I looked back at the television screen, my stomach dropped, my eyes widened.

The headlines said: "Park Jimin with his new muse? Did he already get tired of his fiancée?"

I picked up the remote control and turned off the television. I was right. There's nothing good on tv ever.

"Jimin," I said, placing my hand on his hand that was resting on the couch.

"Yeah?" He said, turning his head and looking at me.

Anger was still evident in his eyes.

"It's okay. You don't have to be mad 'cause of something so stupid."

He shook his head. "No. This has gone too far. Sure, they've spread stupid rumours about me before. But this is out of proportion. They talk like I'm a womaniser. Like they know me," he said.

And my heart hurt upon hearing his words. I had never thought of how this must be affecting him. He was under the spotlight almost all the time. He may have acted like it didn't affect him, but now, it was showing how much it affected him. Especially being labelled as a womaniser, something he wasn't.

"Jimin, it's..." I started, but Jimin cut me off by standing up.

"I'll be right back."

My brows furrowed.

"Where are you going?" I asked, standing up too.

He didn't look at me. "I'll be back soon."

And he was out of the door. I could only watch in wonder about what happened.

*

Turned out, the soon was seven hours later in the evening when the sun had set down the horizon. I was lying on the bed in my room, so bored out of my mind that even the little, almost non-existent cracks in the ceiling seemed interesting.

There was absolutely nothing to do. I definitely didn't want to watch the tv because of what happened earlier. There was nowhere to go since I didn't know this place. I didn't want to get lost in this huge resort and then have Jimin worrying about me.

As I was thinking about what to do, my phone buzzed. I picked up my phone, unlocked it and tapped on the notification.

2 texts by Sana: