Chapter Twenty Three

"It hurts when you have someone in your heart, but you can't have them in your arms."

● ● ●

23.
QUESTIONS

"Get the fuck away from her."

I could only hear his angry voice as he shouted at the reporters. Still in shock, I felt arms being wrapped around me, helping me stand up. My legs felt like jelly. With much difficulty I stood up, supporting myself with the help of his tight grip on my waist. I looked up to see Jimin's clenched jaw, his eyes furious.

Jimin...

"Mister Jimin. Did you pay her to date you?"

"Did she sell her pride and herself to you?"

"How good is she in b..."

The grip around my waist vanished, making me stagger back and a gasp escaped my mouth. The reporter could not finish what he was saying. Before he could say the word bed, a fist connected to his jaw.

"How dare you say that, you bastard?" Jimin was shouting.

My heart felt like it was going to escape out of my chest. Jimin's loud and furious voice was scary. I had never seen him angry before. Well, I had seen him angry a few times, but never this furious. He was seething with anger, his eyes flashing with raw anger.

He punched the same reporter once again. The other reporters stepped back, still filming the scene folding in front of them, instead of stopping the fight. Jimin didn't stop. When the reporter fell down in the ground, he kept kicking him. I couldn't watch it anymore. It reminded me of the violent memories that I had suppressed. I couldn't let them resurface or else I'd drown.

Please stop, Joon.

Don't.

Pl-Please no.

And they surfaced from the sea of past. I could hear the shouts of people when that happened. The dark thoughts started to claw at my mind, trying to kill me. I let out a shout.

"Jimin. Stop."

My head throbbed with pain, so did my palms. I was sure my hands were bleeding, but at the moment I didn't care. He didn't stop. Jimin didn't stop. My head felt light and dizzy. Everything turned into a mess around me, blurred. Black dots obscured my vision and the last thing that escaped my mouth before fainting were:

"Jimin, please sto....."

I fell on the cold, hard ground. My eyes dropped, but I caught the blurry sight of Jimin turning to look at me with a horrified expression on his face.

And then everything went black.

. . .

I woke up to the sound of car's engine and Jimin talking in a low voice on the phone. I took in my surroundings. I was in Jimin's car, parked outside a massive house. His car always had this distinct scent; a mix of musk, cigarette smoke, and a scent that only belonged to Jimin. And this scent would've drove me crazy, if it wasn't for my head throbbing, like someone had hit it multiple times with Thor's hammer.