Chapter Thirty Seven

So we are officially at the last chapter of Addiction. Here's to hell of a ride in this chapter. Hope your hearts can handle the love (no sarcasm this time) in this chapter. Happy reading, my precious blackroses!

Also, just a little tip, wait till epilogue to judge why the characters are doing what they did throughout the book (especially this chapter), which was literally push and pull. Everything will be explained in the epilogue. And for rereaders, this epilogue will be different than the first draft one, with addition of more scenes and explanations.

. . .

"Sometimes, the person you'd take a bullet for ends up being one behind the gun."

● ● ●

37.
HURTING

My head felt like it had been weighed down by something heavy when I woke up. The lighting in the room burned my eyes. Rubbing them gently, I opened my eyes to notice my surrounding.

White walls. White bed.

My ears perked at the beeping sound next to me. Upon seeing my surroundings and the machines, I realised I was in hospital. My eyes fell upon a figure sleeping on the couch.

"Sana," I croaked. My throat was parched and sore. Upon hearing my rough cracking voice, Sana's eyes snapped open and widened. Her eyes were red rimmed like she had been crying.

She hurriedly stood up from the couch and ran towards me to hug me. "Oh my God. Eun Hee, I was so fucking scared," she said, her voice thick with emotion.

I couldn't speak because it hurt to speak, so I patted her back.

Breaking our embrace, she leaned back, fresh tears flowing down the apple of her cheeks. She looked like a mess. "Do you need water?" She sniffled, wiping away tears.

I nodded.

Cold water provided relief to my sore throat. Sana took the empty glass from me.

"How long I've been out?" I asked.

Sana looked at her wrist watch and then, back up at me. "Twelve and a half hour."

My eyes widened as soon as I registered her words. Everything that happened last night; orchestra, dinner, my fight with Jimin, every single thing rushed into my mind and so did the pain in my head and my heart.

I hadn't forgotten a single word that Jimin said to me. Every single word, his disgusted look, his ashamed eyes, everything was like a shard piercing my chest, breaking my ribs and crushing my heart.

My eyes burned with unshed tears, but I didn't let them out. Instead, I removed the sheets from my body.

"What are the you doing? Where are you going?" Sana asked, panicked.

"Where is Jimin?" I asked, standing up. The world blurred and I felt dizzy for a few seconds, messing up with my balance.

Sana rushed to my side and steadied me by holding my elbows. "Are you mad?" She screeched. "Lie down, Eun Hee."

I shook my head, opening my eyes. I raised my hand to gesture that I'm okay. "Don't worry. I'm fine."