Chapter Twenty

"What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you."

● ● ●

20.
CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE

I slapped him.

The voice of my palm colliding with his face ricocheted off the walls, echoing in my ears as a proof. My eyes widened, and I took a step back, my back hitting the wall behind me.

Oh my God. What did I just do?

There had been a handful of occasions where I had to deal with jerks, but I never resorted to violence and here, I had just slapped Jimin, after kissing him back.

As soon as I stepped back, he placed a hand on his cheek which was now a bit red due to the slap. He looked up at me, his eyes flashing with fury, that made me gulp. My throat felt dry. His other hand was formed into a fist. Removing the hand from his face, he took a step towards me.

My heart was racing wildly in my chest, my hands clenched into fists by my sides. I wasn't afraid of Jimin. I knew he wouldn't physically hurt me. But the anger in his eyes made me feel scared. I had experienced this look once before and it didn't end well.

He raised is hand. I shut my eyes tightly, my heart nearly jumping out of my throat but nothing came, except for the voice of his hands colliding with the wall. I opened my eyes. He had caged me within in arms again, his face close, but not too close.

"W-What are you doing?" I stammered.

He closed his eyes for a second, and then opened them, looking straight into my eyes.

"Don't ever do that again. Ever. Or I don't know what I'll do," he said, his voice husky and deadly.

My fists were clenched so hard, I was sure they had turned white.

"What d-do you mean?" I whispered.

It seemed like my voice box had stopped working.

He leaned in close, making my stomach flutter. I was mad at him but his close proximity was too much to handle.

"No one has ever slapped me. You're lucky you're a woman. I wouldn't have hesitated if it was a man," he mutters, his warm breath hitting my cheek. "And you are so fucking hot when you are angry. Makes me want to claim you," he whispered.

His warm breath was hitting my neck as he leaned forward, making shivers run through my whole body and a clench deep down my belly.

My eyes widened at his words.

Claim you.

I felt an indescribable feeling, but then it turned into fury. I put my hands on his chest, which was firm underneath my palms, and pushed him back. He must not have expected me to do this, because he staggered back. His eyes widened.

"How the fuck can you say that?" I shouted.

He ran a hand through his hair, an amused expression on his face. Crossing his arms over his chest, his raised an eyebrow.