Chapter Nineteen

"It's easy to feel like you don't need help, but it's harder to walk on your own."

● ● ●

19.
MOOD CHANGES

Why the fuck did you kiss me, Park Jimin? I hate you.

I looked up to see Hye Ji sending an icy glare my way. I raised an eyebrow, as if prodding her to say something. Narrowing her eyes into slits, she turned to look at Jimin and her expression did a 180 degree turn. A wide, flirtatious smile plastered on her face.

"Oh, yes. I have met your fiancée. I must say what a lovely couple," she said, batting her eyelashes.

What a freaking chameleon.

Oh how she had changed her tone from harsh to sweet as honey in a second. She wanted Jimin. I knew that just by looking at the way she looked at him. The slight tilt of head, the batting of eyelashes, the flirty smile and tone, the twirling of hair. It was clear from her actions that she wanted him.

Well then, you can have him. It's not like I want him.

"Why, thank you, Hye Ji," Jimin said, his grip tightening around my waist, making me let out a gasp.

Both of them turned to look at me. Hye Ji noticed his hand on my waist and her expression turned hard. But I wasn't worried about her. When I looked at Jimin, that bastard was smirking. I glared at him, which only made him raise an eyebrow and pinch my waist.

And that stupid action of his resulted in me letting out a yelp.

"Are you alright, babe?"

On the outside, I was calm and collected. But on the inside, my heart raced at the way he said babe and his sexy smirk that I wanted to kiss off his face.

Slap off his face

Stop it, Eun Hee. Remember he is a coward and he didn't defend your honour.

Mustering the most fake and sweet smile I could, I said, "I am perfectly alright."

I knew he was getting the kick out of making me feel this way. So flustered and annoyed. The war of hormones inside my body upon his close proximity wasn't helping either.

Our gazes were locked onto each other but that moment was ruined by Hye Ji.

"Uh. It's dinner time anyways. Why don't we have a dinner together today? Just like old times," she said.

Or rather saved by her intrusion. Because I didn't know what I'd have done. His gaze was making me feel hot. I didn't want to be so close to him. It always resulted in me getting hurt. And with all the emotional baggage I already had, I didn't want to include another problem.

"Sure. In fact, it's an amazing idea. What do you say, Eun Hee?" Jimin looked at me.

I couldn't stay here anymore. Not with Jimin. And especially not with Hye Ji. That woman had serious problems with me, just like Jimin's mother. No wonder why his mother wanted him to marry Hye Ji. She was xerox copy of Jimin's mother.