Twenty-One

"I need you," Cain whispered in her ear, his fingers skimming up her sides and settling on her waist. She gasped slightly as he pushed his hips into her from behind, feeling the entirety of his body flush against her. She leaned her head back against his chest, arching against him and closing her eyes in bliss. His hard form melded against hers perfectly, and he felt so damn good. "I need you so much, Lou."

Then she felt his tongue against her ear and she just about combusted. A groan escaped her as Cain's mouth traveled from her ear down to her neck, kissing, nipping, biting... she was ready to turn into a puddle at his feet. If it weren't for his strong arms wrapping around her torso, she wasn't sure if her legs would be able to hold her.

He pressed his nose behind her ear, nuzzling into her hair, and inhaling deeply. "God, you smell so good."

"Oh, Cain," she sighed. He spun her around in his arms, and her hands grasped his solid biceps to steady herself. His huge hand reached up to grab her chin and tilt her head back so she was looking up at him, while his other hand pulled her hips tight against his, grinding himself against her. She bit her lower lip in anticipation of what was about to come, and she knew it would be amazing. It would be like everything she'd ever read about in her ridiculous romance novels. Cain had already melted her insides, her heart was ready to beat from her chest, and he hadn't even kissed her on the mouth yet.

Cain's thumb reached up to pull her lower lip from her teeth's grasp, running the pad of his finger over her lip thoughtfully. "I've never wanted anyone as much as I want you, Luana," he whispered to her, his blue eyes filled with heat and desire.

"I want you, too," she told him, reaching up to frame his face with her hands. "I want you so much it hurts." And it did. Her whole body ached with desire for him. She was his to do with what he wanted.

"Do you trust me, Lou?" he asked, lowering his face towards hers.

"Always," she whispered, her eyes drifting closed as he closed the distance between them. His mouth on hers was gentle, but quickly filled with heat and passion as his arms wrapped around her even tighter. A small gasp escaped her as he lifted her and carried her to his bed, laying her down and covering her body with his own. He ground his hips into her, and her body jerked in pleasure as he hit just the right spot.

Her hands pulled as his shirt, demanding to feel his bare skin, to view his beautiful torso covered in those intricate tattoos. His body was truly a work of art, and he was ready to share it with her. She squirmed underneath him, grinning as he pulled his shirt up and tossed it over his shoulder. She sighed in pleasure, eyeing him greedily as he loomed over her, straddling her hips with his powerful thighs.

"See something you like?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow as he leaned back down to take her mouth again.

"Mmmhmm," she hummed against his mouth.

"Me too, sweetheart," he whispered against her lips. Then the passion and need took over and they were tearing at each other's clothes until they were skin to skin with nothing in between. He felt as amazing as she ever imagined he would as his hard body covered hers, his talented fingers finding exactly what they both wanted. She whimpered against him, squirming until he finally gave her what she wanted, entering her with his...

Lou sat up in bed, covered in sweat and her body trembling with need. Her chest heaved as she gasped like she'd just ran a marathon. She was overheating, holy hell she was so, so hot. What was...

"Oh, god," she groaned, flopping back into bed. She was going into heat. Of course, she'd known it was coming, she hadn't been taking her pills that suppressed her natural cycles. It was like a birth control pill for humans, but stronger for Lycans to stop their heat. She'd been taking them since she was eighteen, when she'd gone into heat for the first time. When females went into heat, their bodies sent out pheromones that male wolves could hardly resist. The pheromones came and went in waves over the course of a few days, sudden bursts of lust and need coming over the female while the males lined up to help relieve her of this discomfort.