| 44 | distance

Daisy opens the door to Timothée's apartment, he had kept it open for her after texting her to come over. Daisy assumed she was coming over so they could talk more about the bomb she had dropped on him the night before, however it seemed that was not what was on Timothée's mind.

'Timmy?' She calls out, roaming the small apartment in search of him. He comes out of his room, wearing a small smile as he heads towards her. They share a sweet kiss before Timothée pulls her in for a hug. It was a lot longer, and a lot tighter than their usual embrace but Daisy didn't protest. She liked it better this way.

'Hey.' He says, his voice sounding tired. Once he pulls away from her Daisy is able to get a good look at his face. She sees the bags under his eyes and she knows he must not have gotten much sleep.

She brushes a curl away from his face and frowns. 'Did you get any sleep?' She asks, concerned. Timothée averts his attention to the wall behind her and lies through his teeth.

'Yup.' he says, making Daisy furrow her eyebrows. She doesn't need him to tell her the truth because she knows for a fact he hasn't got much sleep since the last time she had seen him. The exhaustion was evident on his beautifully structured face and it pained her to think that she was the one that caused it.

Timothée doesn't say much to her. Instead he heads over to the kitchen and prepares some coffee for the two of them. Every once in a while Daisy will speak and he will look at her, a look that to Daisy seemed like pity and sympathy. He gave her very blunt replies and it made Daisy's blood boil. She hated his expression and his tone and she couldn't handle it anymore.

'I knew I shouldn't have told you.' She mutters shaking her head. Timothée is immediately transported back into reality and he rushes to the couch to sit beside her. Making various noises of protests.

'No.. no.. don't say that. Why would you say that?' he coos running his hands through her soft brown hair. Daisy shrugs pouting at him slightly, but not in a cute playful way. In a very sad sorrowful way.

She sighs. 'You're looking at me with pity in your eyes, and you're acting weird. You don't usually give one word answers to all my questions.' Daisy admits crossing her hands over her chest. 'And you haven't gotten any sleep, I feel like that's my fault. I shouldn't have said anything.'

Timothée can't help but feel so many emotions for the girl sitting beside him, with a frown on her face. Nothing was her fault yet she was blaming this all on herself. It was absurd and Timothée felt the need to clear her mind and let her know that his change in attitude was not because of her.

'It's not your nightmare that's making me act so weird.' Timothée explains grabbing Daisy's attention. 'Of course I felt really sick to my stomach after you told me what happened, but what really fucked me up was a phone call that I got from my agent right after you left my apartment.'

Daisy can already tell from Timothée's expression that the news he was about to tell her was not going to be good. 'I'm going to London in a week.' Timothée blurts out causing Daisy's eyes to widen. She calmed herself down however, because she didn't want to freak out before she knew the whole story.

'For how long?' She asks, wishing and hoping it will be under a week. But the reply she got did not satisfy her, or meet her wishes.

'I'm going to be gone a month and a half. I'm filming a movie. I thought we were going to film during the fall but they decided it was better to start filming earlier.' After hearing his words Daisy allowed herself to be sad.

It felt so unfair to her, the way she was constantly having to let go of the people she loved. First it was Harvey and having to watch him go in and out of rehab centers. Then it was her dad, and having to live miles away from him. Now it's Timothée. She knew this was going to be a hard obstacle for them, because they were both actors. But she didn't expect the obstacle to be thrown at them so early on in their relationship.

They were just getting comfortable around each other, Daisy was just telling him her deepest darkest secrets the night before and already the universe was plotting to tear the two of them apart. Usually Daisy would cry, argue, maybe even protest. But she was just way too exhausted. 'What do you want me to say?' Daisy asks him an unreadable expression on her face.

Timothée shrugs. 'I don't know.. say anything. What's going through your mind?'

Daisy places her finger on her chin, trying to think of a response. 'Well.. let's see. I have about a month and a half left till I graduate. I can't miss school because if I miss another day I don't think I'll be able to make it up and if i'm given a break I'm going to have to visit my dad, which means I can't visit you.'

This makes Timothée groan. He is aggravated with himself and with his job because all he wants to do is be with her, or at least be in the same country as her. But their luck didn't work that way. 'I know.' he says feeling defeated.

'No Timmy, you don't know.' Daisy retorts, sounding more and more pained with the news he just dropped. 'We aren't a married couple. We haven't been dating for years. We just started out, and I'm really really happy being with you.' Daisy admits this shamelessly, and it brings a grin onto Timothée's face making him feel appreciated.

'I'm happy with you too Daisy. I don't think I've ever been happier.' he reaches for her hand and squeezes it, letting her know how much she means to him through his touch.

Daisy looks down at both of their hands intertwined together on her lap. Just the mere thought of not being able to feel his touch when he's miles and miles away makes her heart ache. 'Then don't leave.' she says this quieter, as if she knows her words are absurd and that he will definitely not accept,

'Daisy you can't ask me to do that.' Timothée says squeezing her hand a little harder trying to grab her attention again. She looks back up at him, her eyes pleading for him to stay.

She knew asking him to stay was a long shot, but at least she tried. 'I know it's your job. And if it was me you'd let me go. But I just.. I wanted us to work.'

'And we will.' Timothée coos. He lets out a breath and he manages to form a small grin at the sight of her concerned eyes. He places a finger underneath her chin and tilts her face upwards so she is looking into his eyes, he then leans into her and places a kiss on her soft pink lips, something that had become very natural to him. 'We will work, with or without the distance. We can do this.'

'Can we?'

_______________

I'm 44 chapters in and I still don't know if this book is doing that well or not. Don't get me wrong I appreciate all of you and the feedback and nice comments. But I don't know if I'm fully satisfied with the direction I'm going for this book.