| 57 | making amends

Once arriving in her hometown Daisy immediately felt anxious and full of fear. During her time in San Fransisco, she completely shut out her family. The only person she really kept in touch with and talked to was her best friend Skylar, therefore she was afraid of having to face her mother and her brother's after weeks and weeks of silence.

It pained her, that she could be so cold and cruel. Her family has been nothing but good to her and they reached out to her time and time again to ask how she was when she was filming. But she didn't reply to their texts, or their calls. She completely shut them out of her life and now was the time to make amends.

And once arriving at her house after dropping Timothée off at his apartment the first person she was met with was Pierre, her older brother whom she used to be the closest with out of everyone in the whole house.

'Welcome back.' Is the first thing Pierre says once his sister enters the living room. His tone screams sarcasm and it is clear he is not too happy about her sudden appearance when Daisy witnesses him roll his eyes at her.

He had been seated on the couch, his feet perched up on the coffee table with a bowl of cereal in his hands once she entered, and now he was putting his feet down and getting up ready to walk away from her before she could even utter a word.

'Wait.' Daisy pleads, and her brother hears the desperation in her voice so he stops and turns around. Still filled with attitude but nonetheless ready to hear her out.

'What?' He spits looking her up and down and realizing how different she looked. Her eyes were sadder, her face was thinner, she looked very ill. Pierre couldn't take his eyes off of her, she had changed.

'I'm so sorry P. I can't even begin to describe how sorry I am.' She starts, telling herself not to cry because she already looked like a mess in front of him and she didn't need tears to show him how already broken she was. 'I was still grieving Harvey, and I needed time alone. I thought shutting you out would be good for me, but it wasn't good. It only made me feel worse.'

Pierre's eyes go from rage filled to sympathetic and he watches her try to hold herself together. It pained him, how broken she was. She was even more broken then him and that says a lot because he was a horrible tragic mess when Harvey died. But the difference was that he didn't see Harvey's dead body sprawled on the ground. Daisy did. And the memory was going to be stuck in her mind forever.

'Please forgive me P.' And at this point she's a sobbing mess, her shoulders shudder and down come the tears and Pierre is holding her and caressing her back trying to calm her down. She was his little sister after all, and no matter how angry he was he knew she didn't mean any harm.

'I forgive you Daisy, and I know Kaden will too but you need to go see mom. She's devastated.' He tells her still rubbing circles on her back and holding her close. Once he feels her relax under his touch he pulls away and he hands her the box of tissues on the coffee table so she can wipe away her tears.

'And Dad? Is he angry with me too?' She asks dabbing at the tears on her cheeks and searching Pierre's eyes for an answer.

Pierre smiles, placing both of his hands on Daisy's shoulders and shaking her slightly. 'Dad could never be mad at you.' He assured her sending her another warm grin. 'You could murder somebody and dad will still be on your side. You know that.'

Daisy nods feeling reassured and she pulls her brother in for another warm hug. She had missed their talks and their annoying banter. She wasn't used to being away from him and it saddened her that the first time they were actually apart for more than a week was all her doing and she completely ignored him the whole duration of filming.

Pierre keeps Daisy updated and tells her that Kaden and their mother switched places in Los Angeles. Their mother was back in New York and Kaden was in L.A taking care of their father.

Daisy doesn't hesitate to head up the stairs and find her parents room where apparently her mother spent most of her time in. She knocks on the door and then opens it slowly. She was fearing the situation she was about to put herself in and practicing what she was going to say in her head.

She finds her mother seated on the bed with a book in her hands. The book closes shut once Julie's eyes meet Daisy's. No words are exchanged yet and Daisy doesn't know whether she should approach her mother and sit on the bed or stay stood at the door silently.

She chooses to stand still at the door and await her mother to react. And her mother's first reaction was to burst into a fit of tears which only caused Daisy to feel the new fresh tears welling up in her eyes. 'No mom. Please don't cry, you're going to make me cry.' Daisy says as she takes a few steps forwards and decides to sit beside her mom and cuddle up to her.

The tears were already leaving the safety of Julie's eyes and now Daisy was seen with a fresh set of tear stains on her cheeks. 'Daisy my baby, what happened to you?' Her mother cries moving away the pieces of hair stuck to her daughters face and getting a good look at her. Daisy looked away from her mother in shame.

She had heard it first from her co stars who told her she looked ill, then came Timothée and his worry for her, and she saw the way Pierre looked at her, like she was some new person. Now her mother wore that same look and she shed even more tears as she looked her daughter up and down and saw just how unhealthy she seemed.

Harvey's death hurt Daisy the most and it was as clear as it could ever be. 'I'm okay mom. Really, I'm fine.' She says trying to reassure her mother but it doesn't work because Julie is shaking her head and she is unable to tear her eyes away from Daisy.

'No you're not baby. Look at you, you're not okay my love.' Her mother says rubbing her shoulder up and down still not able to look away from her daughter as she studied every inch of her.

Daisy is finally able to look her mother in the eye. She inhales a deep breath and she says what she's been trying to say for a while. 'I'm sorry mom. I'm so sorry.' It comes out desperate and weak but Daisy doesn't care. She was desperate. She needed her mother right now more than ever.

'Don't apologize. I know how you feel ma chérie, and I'm going to make sure you are taken care of from now on.' Her mother says nodding her head and wiping away the tears from her daughters cheeks. 'I won't let any more harm be done to you.'

________________

Aww this chapter was so cute. I love Julie she's the sweetest mom. And Pierre couldn't be mad at Daisy for too long, he's so precious.

Hope you guys enjoyed ;)