Chapter 2- first day

The morning was cold, groggy and uncomfortable, the best type of day to start college. Beth dragged herself off her bed. The house it's self was warm but Beth could tell every time she passed a window it was freezing outside. Great. Was the first thought that came to Beth's mind. When she reached the kitchen on the bottom floor she saw Pearl and her Aunt  both dressed and fully awake. "H-How?" Muttered the drained Beth.

"Oh, Moonlight, you're awake! What did you say? I didn't hear." Asked Blanche as she looked up from her laptop and sipped coffee. Pearl was cooking something. Beth forced herself to smile as she sat down.

"It's fine, I'm just tired." Beth answered with. Blanche smiled a perfect looking smile. 

"Would you like some bacon Miss Courts?" Asked the short lady cooking away. Beth thought about it. She had been trying to be vegan but she kept breaking it. 

"That would be appreciated." Beth smiled. The vegan diet she would probably try again after college. 

It only took a few minutes for food to arrive in front of Beth. It smelled delicious. Beth started eating. Somehow Pearl had got it just the way Beth liked bacon; not too crispy but not soft either. In about five minutes Beth had finished. Pearl took her plate as Beth went to get her things.

Blanche was still on her laptop looking at her times for work. "I'm not busy for once." She said to herself. She clicked off her emails and went online and went to HW college's page. There wasn't much there except a list of famous lawyers and judges that went there. Blanche's name was on there. "If it hasn't changed then you are in for a ride my dear Beth..." The honest truth. 

Beth came down stairs with a bag full of stuff she needed for classes. Quickly she went back to the kitchen. "I'm going, bye!" 

"Bye Moonlight, good luck!" Beth smiled as she left. After Beth was gone Blanche sighed "she's going to need more than luck..."

"Is something wrong ma'am?" Pearl asked. Blanche looked at the maid. Her left eye hidden by an eyepatch, hair in to perfect buns. Not once had Pearl gone against Blanche. 

"Nothing, Pearl. Now, I remembered that in two days I'm going away. I have a meeting today as well meaning when Beth gets back, tell her that." 

"Of course, Ma'am."