Chapter twelve - food

Beth, with some amount of effort, shoved the covers off her to the other side of the bed, making her feel the cold morning air. With a small groan she forced herself to stand up. Her legs quivered, threatening to give way, in both pain and tiredness. The top she was wearing went just above her knees. A long, exaggerated sigh escaped Beth's lips and she slowly started walking down the hallway. Was she glad that Blanche wasn't there to see the state she was? Of course!

Her hand held the stair banisters tightly as she felt she was going to fall while walking down the carpeted stairs. From someone else's view she much of looked like a fawn trying to stand on its back legs. The Air was filled with the smell of food and coffee, which was nice in Beth's opinion. Beth carried on downstairs and to the kitchen, to see Marigold, still in the house to Beth's surprise.

With some amount of time and focus Beth got to the kitchen without stumbling or falling. Marigold looked up at Beth and smiled softly. "Didn't expect you to get up."

"Neither did I but here I am." Beth sighed as she pulled out one of the breakfast bar seats and sat down. Strands of blue hair fell over her face before being tucked behind her ear. "Why are you even still here?" The question slipped up of Beth's mouth.

Marigold paused. Then the reply came out. "After the state you were in last night, I don't want to leave, just in case." She admitted.

Beth smiles softly. She stared into those light hazel eyes of Marigold. "Good to know you care." She chuckled before looking away again.

After awhile Marigold turned off the cooker and put pancakes on two plates. She handed one to Beth before sitting down beside her. Somehow Beth was already eating (Pretty quickly at that.). Marigold smiles softly and also started eating. The silence hung as the two ate but it wasn't a bad one cause there was food.
——————————————————
Hey sorry for not updating I've been in a hole of not being inspired. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will see you in the next chapter!