chapter nine - shots

warning: Cringe and bad grammar/spelling and profanity.

Tygr lead Beth and Marigold to the garden deck were a table stood with seven bottles of whisky and shot glasses, too many for Beth to count in the dim shine of the moon. They walked over to the table. Tygr stood the opposite side of the table from Beth.

"giraffe, fill four glasses up, please,"   Tygr said not looking over at Marigold. With a roll of her eyes, Marigold walked over to the table and opened a bottle before pouring it into four shot glasses. Two were passed to Beth, the other two were passed to Tygr. "Basically you need to see how much you can drink before getting drunk." He told Beth. 

Beth nodded, taking one of the glasses up to her lips before drinking the content into her mouth and swallowing. It was strong but Beth had had stronger before. She looked over at Tygr who wasn't having the same ease. He could a deep breath and coughed before saying: "that's some strong stuff, aye?" 

"I take it you've never been to Ireland and had some whisky there." Beth chuckled. Marigold stayed quiet watching the two. Was it jealousy Marigold was feeling? She could quite tell. Yet either way, the two took their next glass in hand before repeating what they just did.

Beth stayed straight-faced and Tygr was half way to being drunk. Marigold saw it as absurd for someone to be so stupid to carry on with something even though they were going to fail, yet Tygr held his head up. "Next two!"

Marigold got the glasses and refilled them and passed them back. Beth took the shot and glanced at Marigold then back at Tygr. Tygr took both the shots, one after another. He was now laughing like an idiot. The two girls knew he was drunk but they ignored him so he wouldn't whine at them. Beth had her next shot and smiled at Marigold. 

After two more rounds of shots, Tygr gave up declaring Beth the winner, "you should see how many more you can have Beth~" said the idiotic voice of Tygr. He almost fell making his way over to her. 

"I'd rather not." Sigh Beth taking a step away from Tygr. Yet he seemed determined to get Beth to drink more. He followed Beth stepping closer then something stopped him. Marigold.

"I won't say it as politely as Beth put it but, fuck off." Marigold pulled Tygr away from Beth, making him land on the hard wood decking. 

Beth watched Marigold, her head was aching. That's the thing, Beth could drink a fair amount yet it lead to pains rather than stupid thoughts. Also Beth knew when she drank a lot something would happen, yet it would backout from her memory by the next morning.

Beth looked at Marigold "I'm going inside, do you want to come?" Beth asked. Her head was now spinning.

Marigold nodded at Beth. Beth turned around and opened the door before entering the sitting room which smelt like smoke. 

It's more like a cringy teen film than any thing else.

Music was played at top volume. Flashing lights were all over the place. The heat was over roasting. Beth could feel her ears ringing. She felt unsteady. Then Beth felt a pair hands grab her shoulders. "Beth I feel we should get you home." The voice of Marigold suggested. Beth nodded.

The two walked out to the car. Beth was holding Marigold's arm tightly and she wasn't showing signs of letting go till she had too. Marigold opened the door that was beside Beth's seat. Beth sat down. Marigold closed the door and went around to drivers seat.

Marigold put the keys in and turned on the engine before driving to Beth's place.