chapter eight - too close

Beth smiled with joy. Marigold could only smile back at the girl. Beth really doesn't know, maybe that's how it should stay. Marigold thought to herself. Now, what she's referring to is her sexuality (and other things) but not only that; Beth was different. Sure Marigold had no way of knowing how Beth felt about her, but, Marigold would say that Beth made her feel more alive than anyone else could.

In the moment Beth grabbed Marigold's arm, pulling her into the house. With a glance Beth could tell Pearl had gone home, which Beth was happy with. 

Marigold glanced around at the few rooms she could see, and the thing she noticed was that basically everything was white. "I see your parents like the colour white." commented Marigold.

"Oh, this is my aunts house, and yeah, if its not white its black or grey." Beth chuckled softly. Marigold nodded, finally feeling her fingertips once again. 

Why is Beth so cute?

It was a question Marigold felt she would never get the answer to. That's the thing: Marigold always fell for the straight girls, and it pained her for her. Years of this and it was still painful to watch a girl she loved walk away with a man. So when would Beth go with one?

"Is there something wrong?" Beth asked looking straight into Marigolds eyes. Marigold shook. 

One hour till the party.

 Beth smiled "I'm going to get changed. Do you want to see if anything I own works for you?" Beth asked as she was already half way up the stairs. 

"Sure." Marigold followed as they walked up the stairs to Beth's bedroom. The room was rained a light blue. Different to the other rooms. Marigold looked at Beth who was rummaging through a cupboard. 

Beth threw three things at Marigold. A simple plan grey top; a back and white check jumper and black jeans. "Try those. The jeans might be big at the hips since I'm big around there." Beth almost sounded ashamed talking about herself.

How could someone so pretty not like their self.

"Alright and Beth, your fine the way you are." Marigold smiled. "Where should I change?" Marigold asked.

"Oh, you can change here, I don't mind." Beth said. She was still looking for an outfit. Marigold sighed and started to get changed. 

Beth in the end went for a black top, red skirt and heeled anckle boots. The top was slightly see-through meaning the black bra was also in view. 

Marigold could feel her face heating up as she took her eyes away from Beth's chest. 

Then it happened. 

The two were talking and Beth rolled on her foot slightly and grabbed Marigold. They landed on Beth's bed. Marigold was on top and Beth was staring up at her. Their faces only a few centimetres apart.

You have a chance Mari. Yet if you do everything could go drow with that decision.

Beth knew her face was bright red. Marigold stood up and looked away, Beth only sat up. Her blush faded slightly. That was a bit close. Beth thought to herself. 

"Are you okay?" Marigold asked, breaking the thoughts going through Beth's head. 

Beth nodded and smiled. "I'm fine. That's the first time that's happened to me." 

Beth's eyes were now outside the window, the sun was setting which left a pink and purple sky. It was the thing Beth wanted to watch every night as a child, but her mother and aunt were smart saying no. Yet it felt different with someone Beth felt close to.

"Should we start heading to the party?" Marigold Asked.

"Yeah, let's go." Answered the soft voice of Beth. 

The two headed to the car and Marigold drove them to the address Tygr gave them. Outside Tygr was standing as if he was waiting for someone. The two girls got out the car and Tygr walked up to them.

"Ladies! I've been waiting for you two. Beth, may I add you look amazing." Tygr winked at her and Beth smiled but as soon as he turned his back she rolled her eyes. Marigold saw this and laughed slightly. "Are you two up for a drinking competition?"

"I am." Beth answered. Marigold sighed.

"I'll just watch. I'm driving anyway." 

"Well Beth, it's on."