Chapter 3 - class one

Beth only got there half an hour before the first lesson. At first Beth was just waiting outside the lecture room but then the Professor let her in and wanted to chat. The Professor was a gray haired woman who was shorter than Beth by three inches meaning the woman was around five foot four. 

"good morning, you are new. I'm Professor Coalman, and you are?" The Professor asked.

"Beth Courts." Beth answered, sounding friendly as ever. 

"Are you from Ireland by any chance?"

"yes actually." Beth said feeling slightly uncomfortable. She was never asked questions, Beth had always been the ghost of the world, even to her father.

"Why come here out of all places in the world?"

"Well, I heard it was good for its law also my aunt used to go here,  and she lives near here too." 

"Well, your aunt must be rich."

"I guess." Before the lady could say more Beth went up the stairs to the top back row of seats on the left and sat beside the wall. Coalman was now doing paper work and Beth was on her laptop. 

After a while other people started walking in. Beth didn't look at any of them since she saw no point in it, but there was a group of boys in front of her that were defiantly high on drugs. Beth could only role her eyes. Then someone sat beside Beth. 

Beth glanced over at the person to see a woman slightly older than her. The lady had short blond hair that was layered and the bottom layer was shaved off and dyed black, bangs were swept to the side. The outfit was a simple black top with a golden out line of a rose in the middle and grayish shorts with nets underneath, and black ankle boots. 

Someone wants the attention of the boys. Beth thought to herself as she looked away. Beth found it stupid how some girls didn't mind sexualising them selves for the sake of society liking them, even as a teen Beth thought it was better to be hated than loved for what you're not. 

Professor Coalman dragged on about Torts. Which was surprising since it was such an easy concept, to Beth anyway. "Right, as homework I want you to work with someone to write a three page Essex on everything I said today." 

Beth sighed, she would probably end up doing it by herself and that was normal. People looked at people just deciding to go with each other. Beth didn't say anything. 

"Hey, um, I don't know you or anyone but I'm going to need a partner, so,wanna do this together?" Asked the blonde haired stranger beside Beth. Beth turned to face the lady and nodded.

"I don't see why not." Beth said, tired from boredom.

"What's your name?" Asked the lady.

"Beth, and you are?"

"Marigold." 

"Right, so..."

"Just meet me at the library at 1pm." Marigold said as she picked up her bag and stood up. Beth didn't move since she was in the same room twice.

"Oh, okay." Beth waved slightly as Marigold started walking away. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this..."