Chapter four - library

After long dragging lessons Beth started heading to the library.  Beth hadn't gone to the library before so it took awhile for her to find it but she got there in the end. Marigold was sitting at one of the computers in front of one of the large windows. Beth walked over to her and sat down.

"crap!" Marigold jumped slightly as Beth coughed to get her attention. "oh, it's you." Marigold sighed as she glanced at Beth.

"So did you do anything in the twenty minutes I was late by?" Beth asked. Marigold nodded pulling up statement an app that allows you to write anything. There was the a paragraph, Beth quickly scanned over it. The paragraph was simple but it was the first draft. "Okay."

**time skip brought to you by the luminous yellow pearl**

In around an hour later the two students were finally finished. Then Marigold emailed it to Beth since they weren't allowed to use the printer, so Beth would use Blanche's. The two stood up.

"Well, guess I'll see you tomorrow." Marigold said about to turn away but then Beth suddenly asked:

"Can I get your number before you go?" Beth was looking away from Marigold trying not to make eye contact.

"I don't see why not." Was the simple reply Beth got. Beth smiled slightly as the two exchanged numbers and left for their own ways.

"What was that?" Marigold gold asked herself, trying to wrap her head around the ending conversation. Sure, Marigold was a lesbian but that was just shear awkwardness.

"What was I thinking? When did I act like a head-over-heels teenage, but hey I got her number..." Beth muttered to herself. Then a random boy came up to her.

"Hi, my name is Tygr, I see that you're new. I was wondering if you wanted to come to a party with me and some of my friends." This Tygr boy asked Beth. 

"Um, I've got a lot of studying to do, but it could be fun..." Beth in response.

"Geez, your eyes are like diamonds..." Tygr randomly came out with.

"Pardon?"

"Oh, my mate, gives everyone nicknames and yours is diamond eyes." He smiled. "That's a compliment, trust me." He then sighed "but that's pretty corny isn't it?"

"Oh no, any woman would like it." Beth smiled, hiding her disinterest. "Where is the party?"

"My place, Dove drove number 61."

"Right."

"Great! See you then!" Tygr walked off and Beth just rolled her eyes. What had she gotten herself into? 

Marigold was about to leave when a boy came up to her and said "lemon! Are you free Saturday?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Party, at Tygr's place, and so you know, diamond eyes will be there."

"Who?"

"That new girl. Isn't she your girlfriend already."

Marigold glared at him, tempted to slap him. "She's not my girlfriend."

"So you coming?"

"Fine."