Chapter 17

Sagar bends and picks the red rose and the card. Johnson looks at the rose and card surprisingly. He looks back at his family who looks at him sadly.
"I...I... don't know how it got in my bag. I swear I dont know." Johnson says as tears begin to appear in his eye balls.
"With the evidence right in front of us, you still deny it." Sagar says.
"I knew Johnson was up to no good. Thank the goddess the truth has been exposed." Durga says earning a glare from Miriam.
"Give me your phone." Sagar stretches his hand.
"I won't."
"Then we do it the hard way." Sagar rudely starts searching Johnson's pocket but Johnson trying to prevent Sagar's hands from reaching his phone proved a failure. Sagar takes the phone from Johnson pocket.
After some minutes, Sagar looks at everybody.
"Look at the text message between him and his lover." Sagar gives the phone to Garg.
"I dont know what you're talking about. I don't have a lover and I never cheated. It's Sagar who cheated." Johnson yells.
"Johnson, shut up. You have brought disgrace to our family." Jared gives the phone to Miriam who rejects taking the phone. Jared gives the phone to Sagar who gives it to Bharat.
"Please believe me I didn't do anything." Tears begin to fall out Johnson's eyes.
"Confess Johnson, the truth is right in front of us." Garg says.
"I'm innocent."
"Then lets call the lover and ask him to confirm the relationship between him and his lover." Sagar calls the number and after a few rings it picks up.
"Hello."
Johnson quickly recognises the voice, it's Steven's voice. Relief moves around Johnson's body.
"Hello this is Sagar. Johnson's husband."
"Sagar??"
"Are you sleeping with my husband?" Sagar asks but no reply for a moment.
"Yes." Steven replies.
It was like the earth ruptured open under Johnson's feet hearing Steven’s reply.
"Johnson told me he was single. He has no wedding ring in his finger. besides we know each other from university and I said why not. I'm sorry man, if I knew he was married I wouldn't have been sleeping with him."
"Thank you." Sagar cuts the call. Johnson falls to the ground not knowing what to do or say anymore as everyone stared at him disgustingly. He couldn't see properly cuz of the tears as they fall out of his eyes.
"You dared bring my name to shame while it's your name that deserves the shame. Well, the divorce papers are here already if you're interested."
Johnson quickly stands up and cleans the tears from his eyes and points to Sagar.
'This is all your doing. You planned this to make me look like the bad person so that after the divorce I'm the one who bears the shame. I didn't do anything and i won't confess for something i didnt do." Johnson says. Johnson receives a slap from Sagar earning gasps from Miriam and Durga. Johnson holds his right cheek feeling the pain.
"No matter how you deny it. The truth is right in front of you."
"Sagar, stop." Rochna says. She quickly runs and stays at Johnson's side.
"I believe Johnson." Rochna says. Johnson looks at Rochna who looks back at him smiling. "I think this is a conspiracy against Johnson. Look at Johnson, a sweet humble young man isn't capable of this."
"What about this in front of us?" Durga asks pointing to the evidence of Johnson's cheat.
"As I said it's a conspiracy." Rochna said.
"I'm with Johnson also." Bharat says walking and staying beside Johnson.
"I'm so disappointed in you both."
Johnson looks at his family for support but they are looking downward. Miriam tries to go her son's side but Jared holds her. She looks at him and tears her hand from his grasp.
"Tania, Mayank, he's your brother. Don't you believe him?" Miriam asks but they don't reply her.
"Don't force them to do something they are against. If they don't believe Johnson then don't force them."
Miriam shakes her head and goes and stands beside Johnson who hugs her tightly as if his life depended on her.
"Thank you mom. Thank you for believing me." Johnson cries.
"You decide to defend this shameless person. You're making a very big mistake."  Sagar insults Johnson.
"Don't you dare insult my son. I believe my son. He wouldn't have done this because I raised my son very well. So don't judge him because you could also be making a mistake." Miriam warns Sagar.
"Leave with your son. I don't want him in this house anymore." Durga says.
"Before he leaves let him sign the divorce papers." Sagar continues.
Johnson looks at Sagar angrily, "I'm not signing those papers until my innocence has been proven."
"Then you have two days then you will be called to the court to settle the divorce case there." Sagar leaves and goes upstairs.
"Johnson, come lets go home." Miriam holds her son's arms trying to assist him.
"I dont want Johnson in my house. He lied and cheated. Unless you want him disgraced then don't bring him. Tania, Mayank lets go." Jared commands as he leaves with his children.
"Jared?!" Miriam calls out but he just keeps walking on.
"Don't worry. I know somewhere we can stay," Bharat says.